HTC One A9

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
hello fellow HTC one A9 users i am currently own and iPhone and i'm thinking about making a switch to android i have done some digging around on the internet but id like to hear from your selves on your experiance is this phone any good? thanks all :)

Regard Dean.

dubnvw

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
hello fellow HTC one A9 users i am currently own and iPhone and i'm thinking about making a switch to android i have done some digging around on the internet but id like to hear from your selves on your experiance is this phone any good? thanks all :)

Regard Dean.

I'd be willing to trade you. I miss iPhone.
This phone is pretty nice though.

Cynthia Johnston

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have had the A9 since it's release. Here's a quick head's-up:

First, it's significantly peppy for not having a hex-core. Yeah, it's running a Q-comm 6-series chip, but even for that, it has a snappy boot up and run speed.

Second, it's compact, but not 'tiny'. It's screen clarity is comparable to your iPhone, but even thinner. However, it's a bit slippery. A good composite silicon/polycarb case will serve you well to 'fix' that (and only costs about $9 US on Amazon!)

Third, the A9 is the ONLY phone currently able to use Q-Comm's 'Quick Charge 3' series of fast-charging. I tested it by running my phone down to 45% and, after only 45 mintes, was back to 93%! So you're less likely to need to carry a External battery. (Though I do have that, too, and even then it only uses 1/4 of a 15000 mAh battery plugged in the whole 8 hours at work.)

Finally, it has a current-gen capacity for microSD, topping out theoretically at 2Tb. So, Just slot in a 128Gb or 256Gb card and go to town!

My only downside? The face 'protrudes' from the frame, so it will shatter easier. Again, get a composite case and that will reduce the danger to the glass.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I find it to be a great little phone. It meets all my needs and then some. Fingerprint scanner works really well. I don't play games so can't speak to that. The sound quality of the calls is great compared to my previous Nexus 5. I have the unlocked A9 version and using TMO network. With this, I can enable WI-FI calling. The sound is better than staight cell calls, IMO, but I have noticed a troubling 3-7 second cut out of the other persons voice during the call.

I got my wife a 6S and it is a nice phone. Screen is a bit smaller but comparable in visual quality to me. I just don't like how Apple locks everything down and gives very few choices in managing the phone. That is the reason I stay with Android.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that there was a battery issue on HTC phone. Is this right?

You may have to define "battery issue". Mine works fine as expected. Are you referring to battery life? Again, mine is fine. I'm not a mega user. As stated above, I don't game. Streaming music an hour or two, checking email, some web browsing and a coule hours phone use. With that use, I have no problem getting thru the day (6 AM to 10PM).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon