AT&T HTC One A9 YT Music app problem

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T HTC One A9 and one of my favorite apps is YT Music. I like to minimize the app and run it in the background for hours on end. On my OnePlus One this is no problem, the app just goes and goes. On my A9 not so much. Whichever song is playing when I minimize the app and turn off the screen is the last song that plays before I get an error. The app is unable to stream the next song, the widget has an explanation in the place of the play button. If I click on the exclamation point the app then reconnects to YouTube and the next song begins. Rinse and repeat. I have unoptimized the app in Battery Manager to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a fix for it? Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T HTC One A9 and one of my favorite apps is YT Music. I like to minimize the app and run it in the background for hours on end. On my OnePlus One this is no problem, the app just goes and goes. On my A9 not so much. Whichever song is playing when I minimize the app and turn off the screen is the last song that plays before I get an error. The app is unable to stream the next song, the widget has an explanation in the place of the play button. If I click on the exclamation point the app then reconnects to YouTube and the next song begins. Rinse and repeat. I have unoptimized the app in Battery Manager to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a fix for it? Thanks.
You can only play YouTube Music (RED) in the background while the device is off if you are subscribed to the service. If you are not, then unfortunately you can't keep songs playing in the background with the app running in the background or the device turned off: What do you get for that amount of money? The biggest benefit is that subscribers will be able to watch YouTube videos with no ads, along with the ability to download videos to watch offline. It will also allow users to run YouTube videos in the background while using other apps. Finally, it will come with free access to the Google Play Music streaming service, and people who have already signed onto that service will get free access to YouTube Red as well. YouTube Red will come with a free 30-day trial when it launches.

When you had the One A9, do you know if you were signed up with RED while using the One Plus?

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Youtube Red since it was publicly available, I've been a subscriber to GPM since 1/2014. It's working perfectly on my OPO as I said, it just stops on my A9 so it's a fault of my A9 not the service or the app.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
The latest update to the YT Music app did not correct this issue.

Does no one else have YouTube Red and use YT Music?