Static/background noise heard from other end in phone call

Genie1220

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
When I am in a phone call, I can hear the other person perfectly fine, but the person on the other end hears a lot of noise/static/watery/background noise from my side even when I am in a silent room. This makes it very hard for the person on the other end to hear me clearly. I don't have wifi calling nor do I use it. My phone is not rooted either. Can someone help me out with how to remedy this issue?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Genie, welcome to the forums. You could try this to help diagnosis. While on a call first use the phone normally, then switch to speakers and finally plug earphones with mic included. See what happens and if the noise persists no matter what you use.

Genie1220

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you @Javier P for the suggestions and want to report the results. When switching to speakers, the call quality for the person on the other end only slightly improves. When using headphones, there is no static/extra noise for the person on the other end. So what does this mean? Is there a viable means to fix this without using the headphones workaround?