cant access my google account from my htc one a9 after a factory reset

danni 11

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I cant access any of my google accounts from my htc phone after doing a factory reset even though i know my passwords? When i put the account in then the password all it does is take me back to the start and a message flashes up on the phone saying ... please sign in using one of the owners accounts from this device? I even tried the option to find my account by putting my name, number and a message said it would send a txt to my phone to verify my number, which it did do at 1st and all it did was take me back to the beginning with the previous message.But now i have a message in red after trying to press verify to get a txt, saying...... you seem to be having trouble getting your code please try again later. I dont understand why i would even have to do this option anyway when i know my account and passwords? i did change my passwords on pc to make sure i was doing them correctly. I also have messages in my inbox from google saying they dont recognize actifity from my phone. I spoke to htc support who said to change my passwords again, then try in 72hrs is this correct ? Because yesterday i managed to get straight in using the previous method of google sending a txt to my phone. I only did the dam reset because htc advised it because my camera stopped working. Now i cant even get into my phone to even check it worked i have run out of ideas totally. please help xxx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

danni 11

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi i heard that after 72 hrs you can only log back into the phone using the original password used when last successfully logging into it. So if i have a new password that works logging in on my PC it wont work with the phone is this correct? If so do yo know how i may retrieve my old password from google?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought that after 72 hours, you use the new Google password. Is that not working?

danni 11

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
well not sure because i was locked out yesterday afternoon so i wont know until friday. It works fine on my PC its just what was said on a forum that you still need to use original password. But if this is correct and i happened to know it, it would mean changing it again and waiting another 72hrs which is crazy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan