Nougat download corrupted

whitewell188

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I am currently being prompted to download update 4.16.161.11 but when I try to do so I am getting a message saying "System update Download unsuccessful". Further information available is "The downloaded system update is corrupted"

In case this is relevant I recently installed a new SD card and formatted it as internal memory. The card I chose was SanDisk Extreme PRO 32 GB microSDHC Memory Card. It's U3 and has Up to 95 MB/s read speed; up to 90 MB/s write speed. So far I've seen no great issues with that setup so not sure if this is the cause.

Anyone know of a way to debug this further or suggest a solution? I've tried stopping the Updater process, clearing its cache/data and restarting.

Thanks

whitewell188

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm going to answer my own question here. I discovered that the root of this problem was memory space. Even though:
1. after formatting my SD card as internal I should theoretically have 40+Gb of total internal memory and
2. the storage menu was showing that I had more memory free on Phone Storage than the 1.04Gb required for the update download and
3. the download failure never mentioned a lack of space
...despite all this the update only downloaded successfully after I freed up memory in Phone Storage by locating some apps that allowed me to move them to the SD card.

This make me wonder how successful the concept of formatting the SD as "internal" actually is. The storage menu still displays Phone Storage capacity as a separate measurement as the SD Card memory and the apps still seem to want to reside on either on the phone or SD card memory area. This exercise has shown that memory is still limited by whether or not each app is happy to be moved to SD. If not then the Phone Storage still fills up and updates fail.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay