Miracast (screen mirroring) problem

kayakkielbasa

Jan 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to connect my a9s to sony bravia 43xf7005 tv (no android, only smart) but the connection stucks and the phone hangs. I'm not sure whether it's a tv's fault but I think it's the phone, as it hangs and I have to restart it almost each time.
It usually works for some time, few seconds and then it stops.
I wanted to buy miniusb > hdmi cable but it turned out my phone is not compatible and does not support mhl.
Do You have any solution so I could be able to watch my phone content on the screen?
I'd basically like to watch some internet streams, so I'm not interested in apps like imediashare. I need to simply mirror the phone screen onto the TV screen.

And by the way - is it better to use home wifi with router, or wifi direct for this purpose ? As I understand, if I use wifi direct, for playing any internet content, the internet data will be downloaded over the mobile network.

I tried to update HTC software, but there aren't any available and probably won't ever be for this phone.
I'm hopeless now and I'm counting on some advices.

Thanks for any help
karol

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. I've never used Miracast, but Chromecast seems to run for hours from the phone (and I've tried it with a few) to the TV (also smart, not Android). That's via the router. Chromecast needs access to the internet for updates.

2. I can still stream using mobile data when I'm mirroring using WiFi for Chromecast (which doesn't do WiFi direct).

3. I'd think that WiFi direct would be just a bit faster (no router to get in the way - and they do), but even with a slow router, it's many times faster than even 8k video plus audio needs, so that's not really a consideration. (A Porsche probably can't go any faster than an old Chevy on a bad stone-surfaced road.)

As for updating the phone to get MHL, that's hardware too, so updating won't help. (And an adapter for MHL-to-HDMI that also powers the phone isn't cheap. Miracast or Chromecast still leaves the charging port on the phone available.

kayakkielbasa

Jan 15, 2019
Visit site
Thank You Rukbat for Your answer.
Need to clarify some things - am I the only one who faces problems with screen mirorring Htc phone with a tv? Just asking because if this feature is available, why to use special, separate hardware like cables etc, or chromecast like You mentioned? Now if its about Chromecast - to use it I need to buy a special adapter, am I right?
Adapter cable mHL>Hdmi with a separate charging cable its very cheap here, costs about 10dollars...but Im not sure if we are talking about the same thing. And as far as I know my phone is not compatible with it anyway.

kayakkielbasa

Jan 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi again,

I ended up buying Chromecast but....not it turned out that my phone is not supported?!?!! Each time I try to cast my screen it says 'your phone is not optimized for screen casting' and it does not connect. I can however send single pictures to see them on the TV.

So I cant mirror my screen using normal procedure as it hangs, and I can't use chromecast as it appears to be not supported or whatever...I'm getting really pi...ed off.
How about You guys, does anyone have a9s and uses screenmirroring or screen casting over chromecast?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary