Sprint Product Ambassador: HTC One E8 – Coolness factor of Dot View case and BlinkFeed.

alaskham01

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
This week I felt like one of the “cool kids” with the new Dot View case and by using BlinkFeed. When using both in public, I had people stop and say “hey that looks cool!” (Now for those of you who have used these before and for a long time, understand I’m not a high-tech person, so I was impressed by what was new to me!).
First the Dot View case. This is a wraparound case that has a “dot matrix” cover, letting you see who is calling, or new messages, or day and time and weather without even opening the case. And it shows in a funky looking dot matrix view, that you can customize the different backgrounds. The case, unlike some, is not very bulky, so it can still fit in my back pocket or little purse. Here is what it looks like:
dotview.JPG

So the other “cool” thing I learned about this week was “BlinkFeed”. BlinkFeed is a home screen tool application that allows you to customize what you want to see: News headlines, applications, Facebook updates and more all on one screen without opening up each application. And it has been fun to use (I often need more details so would open up the applications afterwards anyway, but as a summary of your life’s interests and updates, it works well.
Next week, I plan to let my kids try the phone and utilize the parent controls tools. Wish us luck!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices; therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I recall Phil Nickinson being disappointed with the Dot View case on the M8, since it doesn't sit flush with the back when you fold the lid behind the phone (due to the curved edges). Is that also the case with the Dot View case on the E8?

alaskham01

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, There is indeed some "gap" in between the phone and the cover when folding back. That doesn't bother me though. The ability to see messages and calls without opening the lid is more important for me though that having the phone be a little tilted when cover is behind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance