Button layout

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering how this is going to work because stock android doesn't use the weird button layout the regular HTC One uses

This is being discussed here too:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/282414-ending-menu-key-argument-good-hopefully.html

AC speculates that they'll have the black bar, or that if they don't want a black bar, they could solve it by adding a menu button. Aside from how it handles menu and recent apps, the buttons on the HTC One actually do comply with Google's standards.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering how this is going to work because stock android doesn't use the weird button layout the regular HTC One uses

Shouldnt be a big deal. It will just be mapping to the buttons the One has. For instance there are AOSP roms out now and button layout is not an issue. And the One is already configured for Google's standards which is why we have the black bar. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I hate the black bar ... Lol that's probably the only thing I don't like about this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah it's a little annoying. Besides other things that's why I run custom ROMs and kernels. No more black bar for me and the phone is better than stock. I mean this is why we get Nexus/Google edition phones right? Lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree about not liking the layout to much. But I take the good with the bad. And the good outweighs the bad big time with the htc one. As for hacking it, I'm done with doing that for now. I am only getting smartphones I am fine using as is. And don't have to hack it to like or enjoy it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree about not liking the layout to much. But I take the good with the bad. And the good outweighs the bad big time with the htc one. As for hacking it, I'm done with doing that for now. I am only getting smartphones I am fine using as is. And don't have to hack it to like or enjoy it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Totally with you on that. I decided to stop doing that when I was setting up a new HDTV one day and the thought occurred to me that none of my other electronics are purchased with the need to install 3rd party ROM's in order to optimize my user experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante