Wonder if DE versions will get a choice

triplecore#AC

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I think above was asking if they would be able to install Google Edition Android or HTC Edition Android converting the One DE back and forth officially.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Since I paid full price, it would be great if I could chose.

And it appears there's a chance that you're wish may actually come true. From an update to the original Verge article reporting the announcement of the Google Edition HTC One:

HTC also provided another interesting tidbit: it's currently "examining the best way to support early adopters of the One" that may prefer the stock Android experience over Sense, perhaps by way of an AOSP ROM. The company isn't providing specifics on that front just yet. Still, if you're a One owner feeling burned by today's announcement, there may be hope.

Have the option of using either a Sense skinned version or stock vanilla Android would just be icing on the cake, IMO.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Read this from AnandTech:
"HTC is mitigating some of that with the option for users to flash the GPe ROM on their Developer Edition and Factory Unlocked phones, with the option to even go back to the Sense 5 version, but those who went and got an operator subsidized handset will have to resort to alternative means."

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
<patience>

Phil, my parents are originally from Egypt. As you can see by the news, we are an impatient lot :p

Let me ask you this. Is it worth it for me to install 4.2.2 when it finally gets over stateside, or will I have the luxury of choosing right of the bat ;)
I paid full price for this darned thing, that I really like a lot more than I thought I would have, especially coming from an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance