Anyone sticking with the Nexus 4 until the N5?

richxps

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
So anyone going to stick with the N4 and pass on the one and Gs4 and wait for the nexus 5 ? I almost jumped,on the one because I love the build quality but it seems big and pricy for something not nexus.

Last edited by a moderator:

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone sticking with the nexus 4 until the N5?

Yes and no. I'll stick with the Nexus 4 until the Nexus 5 comes out for that line. Meanwhile, I'll upgrade my HTC One X to an HTC One GE.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I am waiting for the n5. Even if it cost more than the n4 at launch, it will still be a fantastic deal. Plus I love my charging orb.

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

I was originally, but since I'm impatient, I purchased the HTC One GPE so I can sell my Nexus 4 while it still has top value. Then when the Nexus 5 comes out, I'll do another round of comparisons and who knows...maybe I'll sell the HTC One GPE and swap phones again!

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I was originally, but since I'm impatient, I purchased the HTC One GPE so I can sell my Nexus 4 while it still has top value. Then when the Nexus 5 comes out, I'll do another round of comparisons and who knows...maybe I'll sell the HTC One GPE and swap phones again!

I was worried about that too. The nexus is a hard phone to sell in my area and I could maybe get $175

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

I was worried about that too. The nexus is a hard phone to sell in my area and I could maybe get $175

Well there's always eBay! As with most of my prior sales, you'll probably make more money by selling overseas.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

richxps

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

Oh man I'm torn. Should I sell my 16gb N4 now and for how much , to get a htc one . Or wait it out for the N5? Is the htc one much better than the N4 ? What's the biggest difference ?

ledfrog

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

Oh man I'm torn. Should I sell my 16gb N4 now and for how much , to get a htc one . Or wait it out for the N5? Is the htc one much better than the N4 ? What's the biggest difference ?

How much is subjective. When selling on ebay, I always start my auctions at $0.99 and let the market decide. I've generally always hit the mark for average selling price so that's likely what I'll do again.

The major difference between the two phones besides the HTC One having better specs all around is that it also has LTE support. It's almost a certainty that the Nexus 5 will also have LTE so waiting may not be a bad idea. I on the other hand just want to get top dollar for my Nexus 4 and that price will go way down if even a hint of a new Nexus gets released. So the time to sell is now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

personally I would wait and see what the n5 offers. I would be upset if I bought a GE phone and then the n5 comes out with better specs and half the price a few months later.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

I couldn't resist getting this phone. I'm keeping my Nexus 4 and will sell my still on contract HTC One X. It will be nice to finally have LTE on a "near nexus" device.

Posted via Android Central App

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't resist getting this phone. I'm keeping my Nexus 4 and will sell my still on contract HTC One X. It will be nice to finally have LTE on a "near nexus" device.

Posted via Android Central App

I do miss LTE and I live in an area where I get it everywhere.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I've also owned both and although I had a S4 after my N4 and before my ONE GPE, I remember enough to compare. I loved my N4 and in retrospect would have never gotten rid of it for the S4. The main pros to the ONE GE over the N4 are the following.

1) Superior Display-Screen is just gorgeous and really puts all other displays to shame.
2) Internal storage-Having an extra 16 gigs of storage is amazing especially if you like to flash roms and have nandroids or a couple of downloaded roms on your phone to flash.
3) Speakers/Boomsound/Beats-The thing that aggravated me the most about my N4 was how low the speaker and headset volume was. The ONE destroys the N4 as far as loudness and sound quality. If you listen to music from the phones speakers it sounds amazing and through the headphones it's even better.

I think button layout is the big advantage the N4 has over the ONE but you get used to it after a couple of days.

All in all it comes down to personal preference. I say if you can afford to go ahead and get the ONE GE go for it. But if not the N4 is still a great device and one of my all time favorites.