I defected from iPhone

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the trick is just download an app with hundreds of reviews. I doubt there's viruses in playstore and pretty sure some of them just adware...

Its should've been bed time for me but still waiting this bbm for android which is so late! LOL

Sent via Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have tried HTC manager and Doubletwist and both times my mac wouldn't open the application, getting nowhere.

I know how you feel, I run linux on my pcs and the lack of OEM support is infuriating. Good thing most of the distros stepped up and added native support for android.

Android software doesn't play well with apple products. Aside from googles software, its up to the OEMS to support apple products or not. Ad they are the ones that build the software, and seeing as how Micromonopoly controls 85% of the personal computer market, it may not be profitable for them to support the minority.

There may be a way of getting windows applications to work in mac os, but I don't know. On Linux we have wine (which is still quite buggy in itself), I'm not sure if Mac has similar software or not. The problem is that as a whole, macs and Linux computers are inheritantly more safe against viruses then windows. And most of the viruses that people get on linux come from running windows software on it.

Your best bet would be to invest in a windows computer. At least for the foreseeable future, I don't think you will see support for second best OS's. Supporting them just isn't on the OEMS priority lists. Or you could search around for a third party application for Mac, I know over on xda there's people that build android specific applications for them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok,i'm not finding a way to transfer music from itunes even though you're supposed to be able to....is there a way then to rip music from my mac directly to my HTC?

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, i do already, how on earth did i put up with Apples restrictions for so long I'm now asking myself, I'm soooo loving this phone and i was so nervous about the switch.

You put up with it because you did not want to jailbreak your phone. I did not put up with Apple's restrictions either, but I jailbroken my phone. You do lose warranty my way, but I have a lot of freedom to do what I want to do.

Sent from my iPhone 7

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
As I'm having no luck does anyone know if t torrent is safe to use, i think its the only way I'm going to get music on my phone and i have too much to buy it all.

smallfrys

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
As I'm having no luck does anyone know if t torrent is safe to use, i think its the only way I'm going to get music on my phone and i have too much to buy it all.

I'm pretty sure you can drag and drop the files to a particular folder. I long ago deleted all my MP3s from ripped CDs and transferred to the cloud, so I don't know the exact process. I'm guessing if they're. AACs, you might have to use converter software to convert them to MP3. Let me know file format and I'll look it up.

Using Mac, iTunes is just convenient, but in my experience Amazon's MP3 store makes it easier on Android. I think you can also store more music on their cloud than on the Google Cloud.

In other news, I discovered how to get the zoom-to-edit feature on the HTC One. It's under Settings, Accessibility. I don't remember this being available on my Galaxy Nexus (i.e AOSP ROM), so that might be one advantage to Sense/manufacturer skin!

Sent from my Verizon HTC One using Tapatalk 4

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Ah but you should buy it them. Whenever you use a torrent service or site, you're really putting faith in that service.

Torrents are known as shareware. When you download one, you're actually pulling multiple packets for that file from multiple nodes/computers (known as seeding). This is where things get sketchy, as it is very easy to manipulate those files and add malicious code to them.

Even worse is that there is also people who download the files without reseeding them (known as leeching). This eventually leads to the file not being shared at all, as each client that downloads the file is supposed to reupload a portion of it so others can download it.

I highly advise against using torrent services, even if you do know what you are doing. You could just get Google play all access, I think its only $9.99 a month for unlimited streaming of any song.

And depending on the artist, the fines per song can get pretty hefty if you're caught. Some even carry jail time. And those fines/punishment stack with each song. Its not worth the risk, especially if you use WiFi to download then with. Cable companies are extremely adept at tracking internet usage, especially when torrent sites are involved.

smallfrys

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ah but you should buy it them. Whenever you use a torrent service or site, you're really putting faith in that service.

Torrents are known as shareware. When you download one, you're actually pulling multiple packets for that file from multiple nodes/computers (known as seeding). This is where things get sketchy, as it is very easy to manipulate those files and add malicious code to them.

Even worse is that there is also people who download the files without reseeding them (known as leeching). This eventually leads to the file not being shared at all, as each client that downloads the file is supposed to reupload a portion of it so others can download it.

I highly advise against using torrent services, even if you do know what you are doing. You could just get Google play all access, I think its only $9.99 a month for unlimited streaming of any song.

And depending on the artist, the fines per song can get pretty hefty if you're caught. Some even carry jail time. And those fines/punishment stack with each song. Its not worth the risk, especially if you use WiFi to download then with. Cable companies are extremely adept at tracking internet usage, especially when torrent sites are involved.

Did you not pay attention to his post? He's trying to replace files he already has paid for. That's fair use.

Even if you argue that it's not, the chances of being caught are near nill.

That whole leeching argument was a non sequitur. You're arguing against piracy in one sentence and then saying one type of piracy is worse because you're not sharing back?

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
i thought it was maybe ok to use as its in the Play Store, i would much rather find a way to rip music from my cd's and use the music i already bought but i'm struggling to find a way.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Never use a mac sorry... but if you're on windows os, transferring mp3/video/pic etc to Androod is just like transferring files to usb flash disk.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, the third party apps that are supposed to do the job are useless, i love my Mac but this is one time i really resent Apple.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
ok, i just installed a trial of isyncr, it wont import my playlists though from iTunes, i have the phone connected with the cable, i tried the tools where it says to import a play list just touch it but nothing happens, can anyone help please?

smallfrys

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey, poisonivy66, if you can quote each time, that helps (so I can just respond to your posts instead of subscribe to thread).

Can you tell me the file extension on your songs? In finder, right-click on a file and do get info. If it doesn't say the file type in there, I think there might be a check box in there for "hide extension." If so, uncheck it.

Are you looking to transfer all your playlists too? I think files alone and using the Google Play Music or the HTC music player would work best, if you're okay with that.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey, poisonivy66, if you can quote each time, that helps (so I can just respond to your posts instead of subscribe to thread).

Can you tell me the file extension on your songs? In finder, right-click on a file and do get info. If it doesn't say the file type in there, I think there might be a check box in there for "hide extension." If so, uncheck it.

Are you looking to transfer all your playlists too? I think files alone and using the Google Play Music or the HTC music player would work best, if you're okay with that.

Sorry if I'm a bit dim but where do i check for the file extension?

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

at the moment im just trying to import 1 playlist onto my phone but theres nothing on isyncr to set it running, it is installed and says its compatible with my device, i typed in ip address but it told me isyncr needs to be running.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers