How to sync iTunes playlists with HTC One Google Play Edition

giyad

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to synchronize some playlists with my phone from iTunes, but not finding this easy. Its 2014, this is why apple fanboys love apple so much, because stupid things like this still happen on non-apple products.

So I reached out to HTC, I found that the best way would be to use their sync manager. However, to my nice surprise, HTC Sync Manager does not work on phone without HTC Sense, so the google play edition is not supported. This leaves me with no syncing options, even Double Twist doesn't work on the HTC One.

What are possible solutions for this? Other than just dragging and dropping my music into the folder, I want syncing capability...

Last edited by a moderator:

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to sync itunes playlists with HTC One Google Play Edition

Its 2014, this is why apple fanboys love apple so much, because stupid things like this still happen on non-apple products.
I'd blame Apple for that. It's their closed system that's difficult to work with, not Android.

It's also a bit surprising that you'd expect HTC specific software to work on a phone you specifically bought to not have any HTC software installed. Leaving features like that out is the whole point of the Google Edition phones.

That being said, have you tried iSyncr?

giyad

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I'd blame Apple for that. It's their closed system that's difficult to work with, not Android.

It's also a bit surprising that you'd expect HTC specific software to work on a phone you specifically bought to not have any HTC software installed. Leaving features like that out is the whole point of the Google Edition phones.

That being said, have you tried iSyncr?

Haven't tried iSyncr but I'll give it a go. Why is it surprising that I would expect HTC specific software to work on an HTC phone? I wanted to leave out their skin and bloatware (preinstalled items). I didn't want to leave out a syncing capability which all phones nowadays should have by default. This is actually a bigger complaint at Google for not having a solution to this themselves, but HTC and google should have taken these things into account when offering a stock edition.

iSyncr is not free... so it might solve the problem but its not a direct solution, any other options out there?

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Haven't tried iSyncr but I'll give it a go. Why is it surprising that I would expect HTC specific software to work on an HTC phone? I wanted to leave out their skin and bloatware (preinstalled items).
The HTC syncing program is "bloat."
I didn't want to leave out a syncing capability which all phones nowadays should have by default.
You're talking about syncing with a very specific, and known to be designed to work specifically with iOS, music management program. If you use a music management system that's designed for Android, it will be a lot easier. Again, it's Apple that's now allowing their music management system to easily work with Android, not the other way around.

giyad

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

The HTC syncing program is "bloat." You're talking about syncing with a very specific, and known to be designed to work specifically with iOS, music management program. If you use a music management system that's designed for Android, it will be a lot easier. Again, it's Apple that's now allowing their music management system to easily work with Android, not the other way around.
Yeah Sync Manager might be considered bloat, but the point of getting stock rom is to pick and choose what I want, not to be told. Syncing is something I want, so I would like to install that. Anyway, doesn't work.

About syncing iTunes, its the worlds most popular music playback software. Its also made it possible to sync with, and we know that because both doubletwist, HTC sync manager, and now as you say iSyncr all do this. Anyway, if not iTunes, what do you use to synchronize your music with, lets say that I'm not using iTunes, what are my other options???

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I can say that iSyncr works perfectly with my converted HTC One. Wireless or USB, doesn't matter, both work. Well worth the few dollars for it. Works well enough that I purchased it twice so my wife could sync her own phone with her iTunes music.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Yeah Sync Manager might be considered bloat, but the point of getting stock rom is to pick and choose what I want, not to be told.
The point of the Google Edition phone is to only have Google software on it. Anything built into the HTC version of Android won't appear because it's part of their own OS. They clearly don't offer it in the play store, so why would you expect it to be available for a GE phone? It sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it, too. If you want HTC's proprietary software you have to play by their rules. If you wan to use DoubleTwist you have to use their manager. If you want to use iSyncr you have to pay. The same is true for Apple and iTunes.

About syncing iTunes, its the worlds most popular music playback software. Its also made it possible to sync with, and we know that because both doubletwist, HTC sync manager, and now as you say iSyncr all do this. Anyway, if not iTunes, what do you use to synchronize your music with, lets say that I'm not using iTunes, what are my other options???
It may be the most popular, but it's also proprietary software. "Most popular" doesn't guarantee "open" or "standard." Because it doesn't use an open standard, you have to get someone to write their own software to interface with it. You're much less likely to find a free solution that doesn't involve adds or encourage you to use other software as well. Strangely enough, many developers feel they should be paid for their work or want you to follow their rules.

As for other options: DoubleTwist is one you already mentioned, WinAmp is popular, Google has their own music manager as does Amazon. A quick Google search will give you several more options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36