HTC offers $100 trade-in for HTC One purchases

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
no information if this deal is US only?

Pre-register with your email to qualify for FREE Prepaid Visa Card worth either $100 or the trade-in value of your old phone ? whichever?s greater
Well for sure I won't be sending them my One X but for older phones this might be a sweet deal :)

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
either $100 or the trade-in value of your old phone ? whichever?s greater

Would be nice to see the trade-in values offered per device, though there probably aren't many that would get more than the $100. Unless I'm overlooking it, I don't see anywhere to check that yet.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice to see the trade-in values offered per device, though there probably aren't many that would get more than the $100. Unless I'm overlooking it, I don't see anywhere to check that yet.

Considering the trade in market for phones, I do not see them giving many people more than $100 for a device.

BIGJOHNB20

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Any body know if this has to be your latest activated phone? I've got a Palm Pre sitting somewhere and my current Nexus S. Would prefer to send the ole pre over and keep the S if given the option.

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Under terms and conditions, they mention that you have to use "the drop down tool" to check eligability of the phone to be traded in. I dont see the tool on the page. I would love to trade off my old Pre as well, if they would give more than 100 cents, much less 100 dollars.

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I was excited about actually being able to get something for my Thunderbolt, then see Verizon is like the only carrier not getting the One, and now Phil is teasing with vague comments. I think I'm going mad.

94ebcc00.jpg

mranbel

May 16, 2010
Visit site
so i bought the (2) htc evo 4g lte's last june from wireless.amazon.com for $150 a piece. It was a contract extension...i thought. I checked for months by either texting sprint and checking upgrade eligibility at best buy and it always said i was ready for an upgrade. Last night my gf went to best buy, they said she could upgrade her phone, she caved and upgraded an iphone 5, no problems. My question is has anyone else had this type of experience from amazon wireless? I would totally trade my old evo 4g to htc for the gift card and sell my 4g lte to gazelle and basically pay for the ONE (only if the battery was at least as good as the evo 4g lte, and the lte antenna worked better than the 4g lte). Hopefully buying the ONE from amazon again would not have me under contract again.

nelsondogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
So I got an email from HTC with a link to their page with the drop down tool. Played around with it and looks like any phone on their list is estimated at $100. I have an old EVO 4G that I flashed over to Boost that I'm going to dig up and turn in if that's for real.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the e-mail as well. Purchase must be made by 3/31. So Verizon has until 3/29 to announce plans to carry this phone (or their branded version of it) or I'm switching to (ugh!) AT&T.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So I checked it out...

It clearly says which ever price is greater... The drop down had the OG Touch Pro... That means the $100 gift card is greater than what they'd offer .. so I think I'm gonna do it for sure since I have 3 OG TPs laying around...

If anyone wants an TP 1 to trade in as well, $40, hey you'll still get $60back on your new phone..might sound shady, but I'm essentially giving a change at $60 cash back on your phone.. I also have a Touch Pro 2 and and OG Evo...

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Their won't be a seperate VZw branded version, though they could decide to carry it still..

Why not? This is HTCs new campaign: 1 device, 1 name, across several carriers... Just like Apple and Samasung Galaxy S series.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The 8X 16gb version (surprisingly!) has a $200 trade in value, the 8X 8gb and Droid DNA have a $175 trade in value, the One X+ has a $150 trade in value, and the One X/XL has at $115 trade-in value, think those are the HTC devices with values in excess of $100. You would most likely get more for them on eBay (although after fees, you'd probably just as well do trade in on the 16 gig 8X, I think). iPhone 5 gets between $290-360, depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity, GSIII gets between $150-210 depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The 8X 16gb version (surprisingly!) has a $200 trade in value, the 8X 8gb and Droid DNA have a $175 trade in value, the One X+ has a $150 trade in value, and the One X/XL has at $115 trade-in value, think those are the HTC devices with values in excess of $100. You would most likely get more for them on eBay (although after fees, you'd probably just as well do trade in on the 16 gig 8X, I think). iPhone 5 gets between $290-360, depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity, GSIII gets between $150-210 depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity.

Was surprised the Evo LTE only came up $100...thought it might be a little higher than that. Guess they can have my old OG Evo instead.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
HTC moved up the date to be eligible for the trade in incentive to get the $100.
From the HTC site:
To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on the HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC OneTM by April 26, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC OneTM (copy of UPC or invoice/ receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by May 31, 2013.
My Sprint upgrade kicks in April 1, so this is perfect timing.

menachemt

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
HTC moved up the date to be eligible for the trade in incentive to get the $100.
From the HTC site:
To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on the HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC OneTM by April 26, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC OneTM (copy of UPC or invoice/ receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by May 31, 2013.
My Sprint upgrade kicks in April 1, so this is perfect timing.

Wasn't the release date supposed to stay the same for US Carriers according to HTC? Why would they move back the date for trading in your old phone for the US?

reddragon72

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Wait what?? The reason everyone is going by the 22nd launch date is because if you don't pre-register by the 22nd your SOL. So all other offers of this kind have matched the date of pre-register to the launch date. That date has not changed.

This is what the site says right now. HTC Trade Up Program

Limited Time Cash Back Offer
Get $100 back (or more) when you buy
the new HTC ONE? and trade in your old
smartphone*:

Here's How:

Pre-register online to purchase your new HTC ONE on or before 03/22/13.
You will receive a personal promo code by email - enter on the next page to verify
your Trade Up.
Purchase your new HTC ONE - details coming soon.
You will have 30 days from your qualifying purchase date to mail in your eligible
smartphone with proof of ONE purchase.
*Offer valid for eligible smartphones only. See full terms and conditions.
This promotion is only available in US and Canada.