No verizon??

integralus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the manufacturer brand is the problem, but the carrier branding. I think of it like a Honda emblem is nice but that big ugly David McDavid emblem is not cool and has to go. Unfortunately the carriers have much more stranglehold on these phones and you can't remove them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind the logo on my phone. Don't understand the big deal everyone makes. Cars handbags clothing are branded. Sunglasses. No biggie in my opinion. Good coverage and good phone....that's the important factors

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Exactly. It'd be like complaining about the dealer tag on the back of my prius. I didn't not buy it because it was there.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Copy and paste from the above-mentioned forum:

Okay let me see if I got this straight, Verizon took the HTC Butterfly and limited it to only 16gb(11gb to user) of storage and took away the micro sd card slot, then passed on the LG Optimus G, then passed on the Nexus 4. So now they are gonna pass on the Sony Xperia Z, and to top everuthing off Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T are all getting the phone of the year quite possibly the smartphone of the decade! And once again Verizon IS GOING TO PASS ON THIS PHONE????????? What is wrong with you? Now if you are planning on having htc add an sd slot and maybe a 2800mah battery to it and release it 2 weeks later, then great! But if you flat out pass on this your making a HUGE mistake!

Pretty much sums it up!

I think once again it will be overshadowed by the s4 and whatever moto/google make. Nothing really about this phone that make me miss it not coming to Verizon.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I think once again it will be overshadowed by the s4 and whatever moto/google make. Nothing really about this phone that make me miss it not coming to Verizon.
Well, there are many of us who want this on Verizon. Whether they're overshadowed or not is not the point. The point is giving the consumer what is wanted by a vast majority of us.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, there are many of us who want this on Verizon. Whether they're overshadowed or not is not the point. The point is giving the consumer what is wanted by a vast majority of us.

I agree and it sucks how we consumers are at the mercy of carriers in the US

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Droid DNA is there right. similar phone.

the Droid DNA is a crippled POS in comparison to the One... 16GB memory, in reality limited to 11GB... no SD card slot to compensate... No Sense 5, no dual speakers, no Ultrapixel camera... only 2020 mAh battery (vs 2300 on the One).... VZW f'ed up... Hopefully they bring the One later as a true developer phone, which they were supposed to do for some other phones, which they never did... But that's a pipe dream.

Last edited:

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
the Droid DNA is a crippled POS in comparison to the One... 16GB memory, in reality limited to 11GB... no SD card slot to compensate... No Sense 5, no dual speakers, no Ultrapixel camera... only 2020 mAh battery (vs 2300 on the One).... VZW f'ed up... Hopefully they bring the One later as a true developer phone, which they were supposed to do for some other phones, which they never did... But that's a pipe dream.

I wouldnt call the DNA that....lol, but just for the dual speakers alone.....I would pick the One over the DNA if I had a choice. Unlimited data and service keeps me with Verizon. I need to check my data usage. If its a certain amount over the past 6 months.....I might be a lil closer to leaving Verizon for AT&T. Or at least giving AT&T a test drive.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Branding on phones is irrelevant to me. I normally put a skin or case on my phone anyways which normally covers the obtrusive brand. I buy a phone to use it, for its functionality, not to stare at it and be offended by a company making their mark on a device that is on their network. The DNA was a big Verizon/HTC collaboration therefore the branding is deserved. As for the note two, they sale home button covers (SPIGEN SGP Galaxy Note 2 Premium Aluminum Home Button Sticker [Black, Silver, Pink] [3-PACK] for Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, International - Galaxy Note II / N7100:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories) if it offends you that much.

This! about time somebody said something =)

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say I have been loving my Rezound but its upgrade time soon and the wife really wants my Rezound in place of her Incredible.. Like everyone else here I am having the same dilemna. I like the DNA but storage is lacking and the new One specs are just awesome. I don't understand why they have to be so proprietary with their devices (especially HTC). And because the One is going to 3 top carriers the likelihood that accessories will be mass produced by various companies is huge (i.e. iPhone), hence Verizon could make even more money by selling accessories as there would be more for the choosing for such a widespread device.

That said, I love Verizons service and I have been with them since they took over Alltel here in NC. I have only had HTC phones with Verizon and I would like to continue that tradition but things are looking bleak in the HTC world around here..

unklsckness

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what the fuss is about on the DNA. I just got it and I love it! I went from a Rezound with 16gb internal 64 micro SD to the DNA and I am doing fine. Though I am still on unlimited, I moved all my music to Google Play with about 2.06GB of music locally just in case I am not around any wifi, 5GB of Pictures and Videos of which 2.3GB are movies I have loaded for travel purposes. The pictures are sync'd via DropBox. With apps and all I have 2GB of free space. To me that is fine. Granted I used to just install app after app just to have but, realized I was not using them. All the extra space I had on my Rezound I was not using. Unfortunately I took the OTA and will have to wait to root until there is a exploit to remove Verizon bloatware. Again I love the phone over the current crop of Verizon devices, and as for everyone to each there own.

Last edited:

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Google Play and Dropbox require data usage when not on WiFi. Not everyone has unlimited data, luckily I do, for now that is.. Much cheaper for us to have the extra storage space to eliminate the hassle of data overage charges.. unless that is their overall evil plan. I love the DNA from what I've seen and read, I just want the latest and greatest HTC has to offer. The One is that offer for some. :eek:(

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Branding on phones is irrelevant to me. I normally put a skin or case on my phone anyways which normally covers the obtrusive brand. I buy a phone to use it, for its functionality, not to stare at it and be offended by a company making their mark on a device that is on their network. The DNA was a big Verizon/HTC collaboration therefore the branding is deserved. As for the note two, they sale home button covers (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2601893) if it offends you that much.

You don't seem to mind carrier branding in your signature, either. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Ha. Uhm. Obviously you've never used a DNA. Obviously you have no idea that the DNA is likely what the One would have ended up as if HTC wasn't so desperate to include different features.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just heard the latest rumor out there. It may mean absolutely nothing, but the word is that Verizon will be putting their own version of this phone out in April or May. It supposedly will add some red accents (I've heard that from HTC earlier), and also add an SD slot. Of course, there would be the additional bloatware, but at least I'm starting to hear some rumors, which mean nothing, but give some hope!
Phil, if you know more, would you let us know? You know something...and it's not polite not to share (unless you're protecting a source).

Fingers are crossed here or I am off to Sprint and their Unlimited Data... I'd rather keep the superior Verizon service, if possible, though I'm really tired of their business ways in the past year or more..

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just heard the latest rumor out there. It may mean absolutely nothing, but the word is that Verizon will be putting their own version of this phone out in April or May. It supposedly will add some red accents (I've heard that from HTC earlier), and also add an SD slot. Of course, there would be the additional bloatware, but at least I'm starting to hear some rumors, which mean nothing, but give some hope!
Phil, if you know more, would you let us know? You know something...and it's not polite not to share (unless you're protecting a source).

Fingers are crossed here or I am off to Sprint and their Unlimited Data... I'd rather keep the superior Verizon service, if possible, though I'm really tired of their business ways in the past year or more..

You just made me tingle in that special place. I hope it's true.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that rumor? I have been with Sprint for 13 years and I am about ready to leave for better service from Verizon. With promises of LTE up and running in my area by this past holiday and not having any service at all during Sandy and days after, I have about had enough. The HTC ONE is the phone I really want to get, but if Verizon is not getting it, I might hold out a little longer. I am going to have to buy out of my contract which isn't up until Feb of 2014. Either way, if they are in fact getting it in April or May, I will just wait until then so I can get it with Verizon. I would much rather have the best phone out on the best network if possible. I have someone that is willing to buy my EVO LTE and all the cases and accessories that I have for 275, and that will help soften the blow of buying out the rest of my contract. If Sprint somehow gets LTE up and running in my area before then, and the speeds are good and reliable, then maybe I will change my mind altogether, but I really doubt that will happen.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that rumor? I have been with Sprint for 13 years and I am about ready to leave for better service from Verizon. With promises of LTE up and running in my area by this past holiday and not having any service at all during Sandy and days after, I have about had enough. The HTC ONE is the phone I really want to get, but if Verizon is not getting it, I might hold out a little longer. I am going to have to buy out of my contract which isn't up until Feb of 2014. Either way, if they are in fact getting it in April or May, I will just wait until then so I can get it with Verizon. I would much rather have the best phone out on the best network if possible. I have someone that is willing to buy my EVO LTE and all the cases and accessories that I have for 275, and that will help soften the blow of buying out the rest of my contract. If Sprint somehow gets LTE up and running in my area before then, and the speeds are good and reliable, then maybe I will change my mind altogether, but I really doubt that will happen.

well, the rumor came from a user on another forum whose closest friend is a Verizon Exec. so far the rumor is April/May, with June at the latest. I'll keep in touch with him and gather news as it comes in. But, if I hear nothing new is coming by April, then I'm jumping ship!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza