No verizon??

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you actually have Sprint LTE in your area, because right now it is lackluster 3G at best.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon screwed up. Why would they not get a phone that every other carrier is getting?! Just doesn't make sense. The HTC One is a flagship and you can't pass up on these types of devices.

If they come out with their own version of it, I will not be buying. Verizon always ends up screwing up what is perfectly fine from the manufacturer.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon screwed up. Why would they not get a phone that every other carrier is getting?! Just doesn't make sense. The HTC One is a flagship and you can't pass up on these types of devices.

If they come out with their own version of it, I will not be buying. Verizon always ends up screwing up what is perfectly fine from the manufacturer.

very good point...makes me wonder if I should even wait around for "their version", if there even is one. I have a a few phones on Verizon. but I may just have to take my line and get the One as it was intended from another provider. We'll see what the month brings..

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well here's a big question if Verizon gets a version... What about the bootloader? If Verizon can get Sammy to lock the s3, then I dare say anything is fair game. I know these things are usually circumvented, but it's always better to not have to deal with it. Especially with the general number of big name htc devs fluctuating lately.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok lets make this clear the dna is not the one .....at all...its a hyundai Genesis to a Bmw....very close very nice but not quite the same.....verizon and htc just had bad timing. ..they cant kill off the dna yet...but its gotta come....ive been waiting for htc to win me back and they might have done just that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ha. Uhm. Obviously you've never used a DNA. Obviously you have no idea that the DNA is likely what the One would have ended up as if HTC wasn't so desperate to include different features.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Id have to disagree like I said in my previous post its not close to the one...sorry...its a nice phone..not knocking it at all ...but the one is leaps and bounds improved..from the DNA...the dna is the one X ...this new one..is htc finally revamping sense completely!!!!...yea they coppied wp..and Samsungs video gallery ...and made it into a actual feature. ..but I dont care...they finally did something.since my dinc to make me say... wow!...the DNA comparison is only going to be made by DNA owners who dont want their phone overlooked....bottom line is if you had both sitting in front of you ...you would pick up "the one" and not look back....so lets kill this comparison please

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Id have to disagree like I said in my previous post its not close to the one...sorry...its a nice phone..not knocking it at all ...but the one is leaps and bounds improved..from the DNA...the dna is the one X ...this new one..is htc finally revamping sense completely!!!!...yea they coppied wp..and Samsungs video gallery ...and made it into a actual feature. ..but I dont care...they finally did something.since my dinc to make me say... wow!...the DNA comparison is only going to be made by DNA owners who dont want their phone overlooked....bottom line is if you had both sitting in front of you ...you would pick up "the one" and not look back....so lets kill this comparison please

They are not that different. The processor is a higher clocked version than the one in the DNA, the screen is a bit higher res because its smaller, and sense is different in some ways but very much the same in most others. Saying that the DNA is to the one what the one x is to the one is just not true.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I would honestly have to say I would have still chose the dna. I went Verizon FOR the dna. It is honestly the sexiest phone on the market in my opinion, that's why I bought it. But you are correct in saying the one is not like the dna. But I would have to disagree with " leaps and bounds." It has small improvements, like a slightly faster processor, a slighty more dense pixel arrangement, dual front facing speakers, and a new sense, but the new blink feed is a turn off for me. If it were just a widget, maybe. I could care less about the new camera technology, because its likely to be a let down anyways. The all aluminum casing could interfere with signal, and I don't like that it has a smaller screen than my DNA. With the dna they cut down the bezels so the phone is nearly the size of a normal smart phone, but with a larger screen accounting for the size. The HTC has a smaller screen but larger bezels to accustom the dual front speakers. The HTC one is a nice phone, but not what I was hoping it would be. Not good enough for me to toss my DNA to the side, even if I were given the choice. The "improvements" just werent what I was looking for to be improved. Maybe if Verizon makes a version and adds red accents/ makes the phone a little sexier, I would be interested.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
They are not that different. The processor is a higher clocked version than the one in the DNA, the screen is a bit higher res because its smaller, and sense is different in some ways but very much the same in most others. Saying that the DNA is to the one what the one x is to the one is just not true.

Ok let me say it like this ...a v6 camaro compared to v8 super sport or v6 Mustang compared to a cobra ...the difference is in the internals....Htc revamped sense completely. ...the Dna build quality is great the one is even better. ....now I'll say leaps and bounds may be a bit much but it doesn't compare to it at all....when HTC puts sense 5 in the DNA .....I will agree ....the differences are minimized...

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I would honestly have to say I would have still chose the dna. I went Verizon FOR the dna. It is honestly the sexiest phone on the market in my opinion, that's why I bought it. But you are correct in saying the one is not like the dna. But I would have to disagree with " leaps and bounds." It has small improvements, like a slightly faster processor, a slighty more dense pixel arrangement, dual front facing speakers, and a new sense, but the new blink feed is a turn off for me. If it were just a widget, maybe. I could care less about the new camera technology, because its likely to be a let down anyways. The all aluminum casing could interfere with signal, and I don't like that it has a smaller screen than my DNA. With the dna they cut down the bezels so the phone is nearly the size of a normal smart phone, but with a larger screen accounting for the size. The HTC has a smaller screen but larger bezels to accustom the dual front speakers. The HTC one is a nice phone, but not what I was hoping it would be. Not good enough for me to toss my DNA to the side, even if I were given the choice. The "improvements" just werent what I was looking for to be improved. Maybe if Verizon makes a version and adds red accents/ makes the phone a little sexier, I would be interested.

If I owned a dna I wouldn't toss mine to the side either....but the reason I dont own a dna was addressed in the reason I would own the one ....completely revamped sense finally..new features we haven't seen before..HTC finally did something to bring me back....and made it a actual flagship phone....along with that HTC and Moto lost me by releasing one hot phone on 1 carrier then 1 on another or even tge same 30 days later... and that's biz ...but bring me 1 flagship across the board a year ...that I can buy into the brand ..i.e. iphone ....galaxy s3 or note....

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree with releasing one flagship across all carriers, but the sense really wasn't enough to buy me into the phone. The only difference in the two interfaces is really blink feed with live tiles and the gallery. Blinkfeed would bug me to no ends and force me to install a launcher

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with releasing one flagship across all carriers, but the sense really wasn't enough to buy me into the phone. The only difference in the two interfaces is really blink feed with live tiles and the gallery. Blinkfeed would bug me to no ends and force me to install a launcher

You have to know that the DNA will eventually be getting Sense 5.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, here's something else that sounds like old news, but was just posted online today. Still hoping it comes before I switch carriers:

"Newinformation was released today that possibly gives us another name for the M7. HTC developer @LlabTooFeR has been a reliable source in the past and has recently found out some information about a device named DLXPLUS. Looking at the specifications for this device, they appear to match the HTC M7 exactly.

HTC DLXPLUS spec sheet highlights
Name: DLXPLUS_WL
Carrier: Verizon USA
Processor: Qualcomm APQ8064 ? 1.7 GHz
Display: 4.7-inch 1080p
Main Camera: 13 megapixel
Front camera: 2.1 megapixel
ROM: 16GB
RAM: 2GB
Bluetooth 4.0
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/b
GPS + Glonnas
SD Card slot
Android: Jelly Bean
Sense 5.0

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, here's something else that sounds like old news, but was just posted online today. Still hoping it comes before I switch carriers:

"Newinformation was released today that possibly gives us another name for the M7. HTC developer @LlabTooFeR has been a reliable source in the past and has recently found out some information about a device named DLXPLUS. Looking at the specifications for this device, they appear to match the HTC M7 exactly.

HTC DLXPLUS spec sheet highlights
Name: DLXPLUS_WL
Carrier: Verizon USA
Processor: Qualcomm APQ8064 ? 1.7 GHz
Display: 4.7-inch 1080p
Main Camera: 13 megapixel
Front camera: 2.1 megapixel
ROM: 16GB
RAM: 2GB
Bluetooth 4.0
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/b
GPS + Glonnas
SD Card slot
Android: Jelly Bean
Sense 5.0

Interesting on the SD card slot. ;)

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
A different camera than the ONE as well.

I hope for their sake Verizon announces something soon. Just got e-mail from HTC confirming they will give me a $100 gift card if I purchase a ONE before 3/31. Verizon has until 3/29 to keep me from going to AT&T.

I haven't seen a single phone at MWC that interests me in the slightest as compared to the ONE at this point. I don't want a phablet. I need portability and powerful processing. I've got a plethora of other devices to provide big screen entertainment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX