I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Phil and I have had hands-on time with the HTC One, and we've been given the lowdown from HTC on exactly what's going on with the phone in just about every area.

If you've got any questions after reading our coverage today, here's the place to get 'em answered.

Last edited:

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Can blink view be disabled at all or is it forced and hope you like it kind of deal?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
BlinkFeed is part of the launcher, so you can hide it completely by installing a third-party launcher. Also, you can choose the default home screen, which doesn't necessarily have to be the BlinkFeed screen.

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
everyone keeps stating that sense 5 is much simpler; however, is it dumbed down in the sense that it is lacking features that were there before and beneficial?

Thanks in advance Alex.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you have a chance to look at the accessories?
Yep. The most interesting one for me was the flip case that doubles up as a stand. The rest are pretty run of the mill (not necessarily bad, though)
How's the display? Any camera samples yet? Is it really the best built phone ever?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Display is gorgeous. On par with the DNA. Superior to the Xperia Z (viewing angles) and anything from Samsung (subpixel density + brightness). No camera samples yet. In the briefing they said camera tuning was one of the software things they were still working on.
everyone keeps stating that sense 5 is much simpler; however, is it dumbed down in the sense that it is lacking features that were there before and beneficial?

Thanks in advance Alex.
I can't think of anything that's really been removed. You could say the task-switching button has been removed, but I think that's going to be much less of a headache than people are imagining. Double-tapping a capacitive key is super easy, more so than the double-tap of the home key in iOS. As for general dumbing-down, I think we'll have to wait to spend a few days with a finalized review unit before we answer that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How's the home screen arrangement? Do you keep adding screens like MotoBlur or is it a set number?

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How's the home screen arrangement? Do you keep adding screens like MotoBlur or is it a set number?

From what I remember (not quite 100% sure) the limit is seven, including the BlinkFeed screen. Like Sense 4.x you can control which screen is the default screen, and add/remove. By default there's the BlinkFeed screen and one standard home screen.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
2300mAh. On paper that's large, but kinda irrelevant until we get phones in hand and can test real world use.

On LED color, no idea, sorry.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
How's the general speed of Sense 5.0 and is it lighter than version 4.1 on the HTC One X/EVO LTE? Similarly do you know if it still handles multi-tasking like Sense 4.1 or has that issue been addressed?

Does Sense 5 allow for accessing system settings on the notification curtain itself as with Touchwiz?

How does it feel in the hand and do you think it will need a case for grip purposes?

What most impresses you guys the most about this phone in general so far?

Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Goldenbrown

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Great looking phone. Really looks like the next EVO. But I have to be the first to ask........wait for it..........When is it getting Key Lime Pie? :+}:-*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira