The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
And that reason is this: HTC FINALLY made ONE phone with ONE name for MULTIPLE carriers. I can't tell you how incredibly annoying it is to follow HTC phones because theres so many variants for so many carriers and no two are alike so one carrier may get a worse phone (One S) despite a superior phone for another carrier launching alongside it (One X). Last year alone we had One S, One X, One X+, One V, One XV, etc etc etc. Who the hell can figure out which is the better phone based on this? More importantly, how do you market this? You're also giving certain carriers better phones than other carries and isolating them.

Thats why Samsung succeed with the Galaxy S3. One S3, one name, ALL CARRIERS. Marketing becomes FAR easier when its just one product you can focus your attention on. HTC could never do this, but now it can. iPhone is popular why? THERE'S ONE iPhone! Theres no iPhone 5X, or iPhone 5SSJ3Goku. One phone, multiple carriers. In my opinion, HTC wins in the design department by far when compared to Samsung phones. Samsung has the features though. But Blinkfeed looks interesting and the camera looks great so as long as HTC pours some marketing dollars into showing how these things can impact our everyday lives, it'll win. Nothing sucks more then HTC advertising a phone, then you go to your carrier to see if they have it and finding out its only on Sprint, or ATT. I made that mistake convincing my brother to get a One S thinking it should be the same as the One X just a different carrier, then realizing the screen is worse, no NFC, camera is about the same but everything else was not as good.

People will see a phone thats just as sexy as the iPhone, with a great camera, and a good enough supporting cast of features. I think HTC has a winner on their hands with this one and will give Samsung a run for their money.

teerone

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I want HTC to Destroy with this phone and business model. I love HTC and the way they make solid phones no plastic crap.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It will happen. Now that they are using the One Phone, Multiple Carriers model and focus all their attention on this, I think they will succeed. People will see a beautiful and functional phone, and be able to actually go to their carriers and buy it (unless they're on Verizon). Availability is key. You can't make a great phone and then only sell it to one carrier and segment your buyers. Thats just bad business and I do not for the life of me understand why HTC did this. I thought for sure the One X would be on all carries and they disappointed me with that. Stuck to my S2 on Tmo and got the Nexus 4 last Christmas. Still love my N4 and will use it for the future but I like HTC despite ugly Sense because the phone is nice looking and they have great cameras.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I would love to share you're optimison, but after last year, I'm not sure. I mean other than a removable battery and sd card, the One X was by far the better phone and yet struggled mightily. I have no doubt that the S4 will keep the crappy Samsung tradition, it will have a worse screen, worse build quality, worse design, and touchwiz yet will be the second most popular phone around.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I wish HTC world beat or at least get close to the sales are the S3 but let's be honest, not going to happen.

I LOVE the fact they went full aluminum and skipped the 16GB crap. It really is a beautiful phone. I will be buying one and then I will see what the X phone is about.

Oh and front speakers! Damn it why hasn't anyone else done this yet. These are the little things HTC paid attention to detail with, I hope the phone is a huge success.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I feel like HTC is going to do better now that they're on lots of carriers with the same phone, but Samsung will still trump them this year. Their marketing machine is just too strong at this point.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel like HTC is going to do better now that they're on lots of carriers with the same phone, but Samsung will still trump them this year. Their marketing machine is just too strong at this point.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

They may trump they this year because they have already established their marketing scheme and that continuity will help them this year, but once HTC establishes something of their own with the One and see an increase in sales, next year they should match up evenly or even surpass. I'm just saying dont be surprised if it happens this year either.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
They may trump they this year because they have already established their marketing scheme and that continuity will help them this year, but once HTC establishes something of their own with the One and see an increase in sales, next year they should match up evenly or even surpass. I'm just saying dont be surprised if it happens this year either.

So u think just because of the Htc one HTC will pass Samsung in sales? U bumped ur head. Samsung is on a mission to stay at the top. They arent going anywhere soon my friend.

Sent from my Sammy S3

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
"No! The S4 will outsell it becuz it has and SD slot and remuvuble battry!!!1!"

I pray to God no one says this in this thread. Hands down the most idiotic argument to make when comparing Samsung to HTC in terms of why Samsung has better sales. The average consumer does NOT care about a SD card or removable battery. I don't know why ppl try to relate their needs with what feel are the needs of everyone else. Why does the iPhone sell?? Plus, the One comes in 32gb and 64gb. I don't know why ppl wanna carry 1000 songs, 5 movies, and a whole season of Seinfeld on their phone at one time. Its a phone..

So u think just because of the Htc one HTC will pass Samsung in sales? U bumped ur head. Samsung is on a mission to stay at the top. They arent going anywhere soon my friend.

Sent from my Sammy S3

All I'm saying is the One will be the foundation HTC needs to leapfrog over Samsung at some point in the future. They will build off the success im predicting the One will eperience and release maybe a HTC tablet or other focused products like Samsung has done with the S3 and Note II and Tab, and Apple has done with the iPhone and iPad and Mini. It all starts with that singular flagship phone and then grows into something larger. Other companies need to take note. LG is making the same mistakes HTC was making now (Optimus V? Vu? G? L9? F5? F7?)

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I pray to God no one says this in this thread. Hands down the most idiotic argument to make when comparing Samsung to HTC in terms of why Samsung has better sales. The average consumer does NOT care about a SD card or removable battery. I don't know why ppl try to relate their needs with what feel are the needs of everyone else. Why does the iPhone sell?? Plus, the One comes in 32gb and 64gb. I don't know why ppl wanna carry 1000 songs, 5 movies, and a whole season of Seinfeld on their phone at one time. Its a phone..

All I'm saying is the One will be the foundation HTC needs to leapfrog over Samsung at some point in the future. They will build off the success im predicting the One will eperience and release maybe a HTC tablet or other focused products like Samsung has done with the S3 and Note II and Tab, and Apple has done with the iPhone and iPad and Mini. It all starts with that singular flagship phone and then grows into something larger. Other companies need to take note. LG is making the same mistakes HTC was making now (Optimus V? Vu? G? L9? F5? F7?)

Oh okay gotcha. Sorry if I sounded rude. I really do hope HTC makes a push. Although I like Samsung I'm still going to get the HTC one :thumbup:

Sent from my Sammy S3

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Now they need to make a Note competitor with a 5" + screen. All my previous phones have been htc. I only sold my Evo LTE for the Note 2 and it will be near impossible to get me to go back to a smaller screen device. The Note 2 is my tablet and my phone.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Now they need to make a Note competitor with a 5" + screen. All my previous phones have been htc. I only sold my Evo LTE for the Note 2 and it will be near impossible to get me to go back to a smaller screen device. The Note 2 is my tablet and my phone.

You're most likely not gonna be getting anything like that except the Note 3.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Well they have the DNA I suppose though that's a Verizon exclusive. I honestly don't see HTC joining in the phablet wars and I really don't want them too. In my opinion, there isn't a market for 5"+ phones. There's the NoteII at 5.5" and then...what? There isn't a popular device that comes in that size. Most phones stop at 5" and to be honest, by shrinking the bezels and really adjusting the ergonomics of the phone, they really don't FEEL that big..especially the DNA. Dunno about the Xperia though but that doesn't look phablet-y either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Now, to establish themselves like Samsung did, HTC not only need a ton of marketing, they need not come out with a One+ 4 months down. Keep just the one, market the hell out of it then maybe later this year release a 5.5 inch phone to compete with Samsung's Note. This way you have two phones a year, one to compete with Samsung's monsters and continue it next year. I was a big Samsung fan, but honestly HTC builds the better phones.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing I like about htc is the physical quality of most of their phones. The plastic feel of samsung phones I think needs to improve. If I had a choice now I would choose the s3 over any htc phone other than dna. As far as note 2, if the note 3 comes with metal case Sammy will keep my business. My note 2 is awesome but I'm afraid to break it everyday. I for one want a phone I don't need to have a case on it 24/7. My evo 3d was most of the time without a case because it was a sturdy phone. Htc just screwed it up by allowing sprint to change it up. I had my 3d exchanged 8 times. Hence now I'm a Samsung fan unless they win me back with the one. If note 3 or gs4 come with metal casing I will probably stick with Sammy

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my Sammy S3

Yeah well samsung are , HTC and LG(latest phones) are the only good phones samsung just makes cheap ty plastic stuff

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz