The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't think HTC needs to make a 5.5" inch phone like Samsung. Dunno if this makes sense but, HTCs design language of their phones doesn't seem like it'd translate well to the phablet market but I could be wrong. A HTC tablet would be awesome though! A lot of androids tablets lose in the design department, very ugly stuff. A HTC tablet would be sexy like the iPad. HTC is the only company that can match apple in design IMO. Samsung has 'em beat with features though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I will never understand why people think iPhone's are sexy. They havent changed in look over the last 6 generations, minus the change in 3gs to 4 and 4 to 5, and to me they are just bland and basic. Square phone, rounded corners, singular center home button, black or white. Nothing sexy to them at all. In my opinion the note II is more attractive than the iPhone, but HTC definitely makes the most attractive devices out of the bunch.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I will never understand why people think iPhone's are sexy. They havent changed in look over the last 6 generations, minus the change in 3gs to 4 and 4 to 5, and to me they are just bland and basic. Square phone, rounded corners, singular center home button, black or white. Nothing sexy to them at all. In my opinion the note II is more attractive than the iPhone, but HTC definitely makes the most attractive devices out of the bunch.

The iPhone IMHO is e best looking phone the HTC One is so close to it that ill just call it equal.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I must agree. When my VZW upgrade came I was torn between the GS3 and IP5. I went with the IP5 for 2 reason. The iphone felt like a bentley while the GS3 felt like a Kia. I just couldnt get over the fact that samsungs flagship device felt so cheap and plasticky. Not to mention many people who I know that own a GS3 have been plagued with freezing, overheating, and various OS issues. Secondly I went with the Iphone because I know how well it holds its value and can sell it today for $500 on craigslist and use that money towards the purchase of the HTC ONE. :)

Before anyone starts labeling me a fanboy, I have absolutely no allegiance to any one phone manufacturer. I've had them all from Blackberry to Apple to HTC, etc... In my experiences, Apple has the smoothest running OS of any phone I have ever owned. Never even a hiccup from their OS.

Yeah I carry an iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 one of my friends has a s3 and one has the international version of the DNA, The iPhone nexus and HTC blow away the S3 I also like the iPhone for generally better polished apps.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

IPhone's are sexy because they embody minimalist form. You know, kind of the same reason why Samsung reduced the physical buttons on the Note from 3 to 1 - taking their cues from Apple, per usual.

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/reviews/119582-image/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-vs-Galaxy-Note-07.jpg

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can I remind those involved in this silly back and forth bickering of name calling "idiot" and other mentions that others here don't want to see this taken to this level.

If it doesn't end we can always go to the next level and start with individual warnings and infractions which I hate doing over a discussion or debate.

Let's get back on topic and keep it civil guys.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone IMHO is e best looking phone the HTC One is so close to it that ill just call it equal.

Yeah I agree, I would buy an Apple phone over a Samsung any day. The craftsmanship is just obviously superior. But, when it comes to Android, which I think is the better OS, I like HTC

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I carry an iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 one of my friends has a s3 and one has the international version of the DNA, The iPhone nexus and HTC blow away the S3 I also like the iPhone for generally better polished apps.

All opinions. My family all ditched their 4s's when they saw my S3. 3 of them made the switch and a 4th is very excited to see the S4. Everyone has different opinions but they are just that. Opinions.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
All opinions. My family all ditched their 4s's when they saw my S3. 3 of them made the switch and a 4th is very excited to see the S4. Everyone has different opinions but they are just that. Opinions.

way to mislead your own family. iPhone beat Samsung by a massive 300% reliability rating recently released.

stewbug

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My choice between the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be based solely upon the carriers. I have US Cellular (sucks for phones I know) so whichever phone will be on US Cellular that's the one I will choose. If they are both on there, then I will definitely choose the HTC One.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
way to mislead your own family. iPhone beat Samsung by a massive 300% reliability rating recently released.

I didn't mislead anyone. They were smart enough to make their own choice. They played with the S3, saw that it was clearly better, and made the switch.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Also, feel free to break down that 300% and see what it means in real life. Not in some lab test that in no way represents actual usage. Don't just regurgitate everything you read without actually understanding what it means.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Also, feel free to break down that 300% and see what it means in real life. Not in some lab test that in no way represents actual usage. Don't just regurgitate everything you read without actually understanding what it means.

no, you shouldn't
but hey you keep trying to convince everyone that samsung are even close to Apple for premium quality lol

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Man, I would never choose a Samsung phone over the iPhone unless you want a phablet, if your going android do it right with the nexus 4.

My order of manufacturers, judging only on design and build quality (not durability), not software or features are:
Tier 1
1. Apple (they were tier 2 until the iPhone 4)
2. Nokia
Tier 2
3. Sony
4. Blackberry
5. HTC (though with the HTC One they might move up to tier 1, were a tier 3 but moved up after the One X)
Tier 3
6. Motorola (with better screen quality can easily move into tier 2 category)
7. Samsung
8. LG (Could leapfrog both Samsung and Motorola if Nexus 4 is the beginning of new trend)
Tier 4
9. Pantech

Note: Dell was a tier 3 and Palm a tier 2, but since both don't make phones anymore were dropped from the list. Never used an Asus or Huawei so neither are on the list.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
no, you shouldn't
but hey you keep trying to convince everyone that samsung are even close to Apple for premium quality lol

Apple has better build quality, but there are 6 or 7 Android devices that smoke the iPhone in overall functionality and user experience. Including the S3, Note 2, Nexus 4, Droid DNA, One X+, and probably a couple others that aren't available in the U.S. I'm not trying to convince anyone. That's my opinion. And when it comes to me paying for a phone, my opinion is the only one that matters to me.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of LG, but Nexus 4 feels just right with 16:10 aspect ratio. Coming from an GS3 it's like night and day in terms of build quality, and overall user experience. Don't even wanna mention pricing. Also their Optimus G is not a bad phone.

That said, Droid DNA is head and shoulders above all of those in terms of build quality as well as overall user experience.
But the iPhone 5 is by far the best crafted smartphone to date, but it looks like The One is neck to neck.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple (until the 5) and and lg with glass backs and your complaining about plastic?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11