How to use the HTC One without BlinkFeed [video]

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You know what Phil? You are an f'n liar! WE ALL KNOW THAT BLINKFEED IS TERRIBLE AND CAN'T BE DISABLED! Stop trying to change our minds with your video trickery.
  • We know because people who have never touched the phone have said it! Don't believe me? Read some of the posts on this forum and comments from HTC One stories on the main page. Do you really think you know more than them?
  • We know because HTC has one goal and that is to give us a phone that kills our battery in 2 hours! Their secondary goal is to manufacture a phone that can't be customized at all.
  • We know because without a removable battery and microSD slot BlinkFeed won't stop running in the foreground, let alone the background!
  • We know because it is common knowledge that you are a Freemason and also a member of the Illuminati. Disinformation is your game.

PenguinxEnjoi

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You know what Phil? You are an f'n liar! WE ALL KNOW THAT BLINKFEED IS TERRIBLE AND CAN'T BE DISABLED! Stop trying to change our minds with your video trickery.
  • We know because people who have never touched the phone have said it! Don't believe me? Read some of the posts on this forum and comments from HTC One stories on the main page. Do you really think you know more than them?
  • We know because HTC has one goal and that is to give us a phone that kills our battery in 2 hours! Their secondary goal is to manufacture a phone that can't be customized at all.
  • We know because without a removable battery and microSD slot BlinkFeed won't stop running in the foreground, let alone the background!
  • We know because it is common knowledge that you are a Freemason and also a member of the Illuminati. Disinformation is your game.

Lol, what the ****

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Smart@ss.

Lol, and a few times your finger almost went to the HTC "button" when you were trying to go home. At least it looks that way on the video. I think around 0:51 and a few other spots but it could just be the angle.

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
ok not to start a flaming war, but I want to know can it just be fully disabled not just "don't enable any feeds and don't scroll all the way to the left"? normally I don't like to use secondary launchers as Sense has worked fine for me thus far. Sometimes I will turn on my phones and just flick from screen to screen just for the fun of it, on custom roms with infinite scrolling it goes all the way around, and don't want to have to remember to not go all the way to the left when doing this or come across this panel accidentally, just with a blank setup. If I only have the one home screen setup I would prefer that when I try to scroll to the left or right nothing happens because theoretically I only have one homescreen enabled.

on the flip side I was initially against this "blinkfeed" set up but I do read alot of articles online and if it is compatible with some of my favorite sites for news I can see myself making use of this I was just asking in case it just became a novelty and I no longer found it amusing.

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Who cares about blinkfeed? I wanna know about battery life!

Ok maybe I care about blinkfeed a little. How's battery life with 4 or 5 feeds, compared to 0 feeds?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Sure you can use the phone without BlinkFeed, but that's not the real issue here. The issue is that you can't just nix it by dragging it off the screen or deleting that screen all together if you want to. Frankly that would tick me off as I should be able to set my screens and their apps/widgets as I see fit.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Good job Phil, the video breakdown really helps a lot. I expect to see more as you become more familiar with the phone.

reddragon72

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Blinkfeed is just an app. It has settings of never refresh(manual) 1,2,3,4,5 hours and so forth. It is not a push feed service. So this will not be eating up your battery. I don't know why people think this thing is doing something horrible in the background LOL

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just use a different launcher like golauncher or Nova to get rid of Blinkfeed??
Yes. Or you can assign a different screen to be your home screen and relegate BlinkFeed to that last screen off to the left. You know, the one that still has HTC Watch on it that nobody ever uses.

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Or you can assign a different screen to be your home screen and relegate BlinkFeed to that last screen off to the left. You know, the one that still has HTC Watch on it that nobody ever uses.

Then what's everyone complaining about? lol

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Because it's Monday. Or HTC sucks. Or the phone isn't out yet. Or there's no microSD slot. Or we're all bored. Or people just have to complain about something. Take your pick.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Because BlinkFeed is like a permanent widget or home screen that you can't natively get rid of if you don't want it. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had a smartphone that didn't allow me to natively control exactly what widgets/apps are on any given home screen or one where I couldn't customize a particular screen the way I want it. The way HTC did this takes control away from the end user in what we may want or not want on our home screens. Sure, you can not use BlinkFeed and leave it off on some far never used home screen, but it's still there taking up space and something you'll still see while scrolling your screens. To keep saying, "Just don't use it, ignore it" completely misses the point. And the whole "Get over it" mentality is frankly insulting. C'Mon man! I never expected (may be I should have) such a dismissive attitude about others legitimate concerns around here. It's like people drank some HTC kool-aid or something. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21