HTC One Developer Edition

skizzoid

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Considering it'd probably cost that much just to get the 32GB version from T-Mobile, I'm sold. It's like buying the AT&T version, only fully unlocked. Now I just hope it comes out soon enough to cash in on the $100 promotion.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Even the Dev edition works out cheaper by almost ?100 ($150) than the normal edition would be to buy in the UK... I can't find a US price for the normal edition yet. Can I assume then that the normal edition will be locked to a carrier? We don't really have that in the UK, it's very easy to buy unlocked phones, even if you get it from a carrier. Even if they are locked, we can get them unlocked for free or for a nominal charge whereas understand the US just got shafted on this.

melodic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
wouldn't this mean that the carrier versions should be cheaper? surely no one would buy a 32gb locked version from AT&T if a 64gb unlocked from HTC could be had for the same price.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Dude, $650 for the 64GB??? Take that 16GB iPhone 5 for the same price. Something tells me this phone is going to be sick and I am for one going to be a proud owner.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the 64Gb Dev edition will be $150 cheaper in the USA than the 32Gb Carrier locked edition will be in the UK... I might have to buy one from the States and get it shipped to my address over there and then pick it up when I go out to LA next.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Amazing. Will this work on att lte? If so ill be getting this unless it comes out weeks after the actual att launch

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Could you buy the unlocked version and then use it on the Verizon network, or do you need to have specific radios for verizon

reddragon72

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Taken from HTC One Developer Edition Is a Bogus Unlocked Phone | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Here's the problem: the Developer Edition has HSPA/WCDMA 850/1900/2100 and LTE 700/850/AWS/1900. If you don't know what that means but you're still cheering for unlocked phones, you need to get educated fast, because this is the problem with unlocked phones in the U.S.
This phone will only work properly on AT&T.
On T-Mobile, it will get 3G in some cities, but not in others; it'll be stuck on 2G in many places. It might get LTE in the future, but we're not sure. Ditto for Simple Mobile, Ready SIM, Straight Talk, and any other carrier that uses T-Mobile's network.

It absolutely won't work on Sprint or Verizon, Virgin or Boost, MetroPCS, Page Plus, Clearwire, PlatinumTel or any other carrier that uses the Sprint or Verizon networks.

there you have it!

Davidjacobs21

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
When you say it will work properly on att, do you also mean on lte, or just hspa+

Taken from HTC One Developer Edition Is a Bogus Unlocked Phone | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Here's the problem: the Developer Edition has HSPA/WCDMA 850/1900/2100 and LTE 700/850/AWS/1900. If you don't know what that means but you're still cheering for unlocked phones, you need to get educated fast, because this is the problem with unlocked phones in the U.S.
This phone will only work properly on AT&T.
On T-Mobile, it will get 3G in some cities, but not in others; it'll be stuck on 2G in many places. It might get LTE in the future, but we're not sure. Ditto for Simple Mobile, Ready SIM, Straight Talk, and any other carrier that uses T-Mobile's network.

It absolutely won't work on Sprint or Verizon, Virgin or Boost, MetroPCS, Page Plus, Clearwire, PlatinumTel or any other carrier that uses the Sprint or Verizon networks.

there you have it!

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Does it have Sense? If so, why, if it's a developer phone?

It's the same phone just with s-off and unlocked bootloader out of the box. Samsung did the same thing with the gs3 for verizon. Even though they call it developers edition doesn't have to mean will it come with AOSP.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
A reviewer I think Palm Solo has been saying that he has had a terrible time holding on to a steady signal with his international HTC one because it seems to be configured for international radios. I believe this is for AT&T. Will the developer have these similar issues.

TwoHappyLife

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Will it take full advantage of ATT's LTE? even though it does have the 700 band it doenst have the 1700/2100 band. Will this affect performance?

Update: think i found the answer.. AWS represents the 1700/2100 band.. so it's exactly the ATT version

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2