Why should former HTC users care about the One?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I loved my og evo but the battery was awful to say the least. I chose the evo lte over the s3 for build quality. I work construction and a sturdy phone is a must because I don't use cases very often. My phones been abused and has not one scratch to show for it. My daughters s3 has a cracked screen from an 18 in fall

Now when I got my evo lte I was extremely impressed with the battery life. Also one of my concerns was battery pulls... I had to pull my battery all the time on my og to reset it when it froze so I was concerned to say the least about the non removable battery. No more. I've had my lte since launch and it's never froze once. My daughter still has to do battery pulls on her s3

When I purchased my evo lte it was my final chance for HTC. This phone restored faith and id now gladly get the HTC one. Only thing that would/could be better in my eyes it's if HTC would put out a nexus phone sometime in the future...that would be awesome

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem...you have to try. You have to avoid using your phone. I like to use my phone without worrying about my battery use; without having to disable all kinds of things just so that my phone can last through most of my day. Screw that, I like to use all the features of my phone. What's the point of having a smartphone if you cannot use it as is?

As long as it last a day, I'm fine with it. My comment said 2 days, so if I tried and did all those things it would last two days, but not doing anything it was still easily lasting me an entire day with around 20%-30% battery left when going to sleep.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the Thunderbolt (which had TERRIBLE battery life) to the RAZR Maxx (the best), I still have a bit of concern going back to another HTC. I want to give the One a try so so so so bad but I'm worried if it will even last me a day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I also owned an EVO LTE and it had better battery life then the GS3.
As another poster mentioned he had an EVO LTE and the build quality was better. I will agree with him. Comparing my Sprint GS3 to EVO LTE i prefered the EVO LTE, better build quiality, better battery life and i prefer the super LCD over AMOLED. Just my opinion though.

Looking forward to TMO getting the HTC ONE.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I've had HTC phones dating back to the Mogul. My OG Evo had terrible battery life when I got it, but it got better once we started figuring out how to get the most out of it. I rooted and tweaked and used to get 12-14 hrs. My 3D was better, it went all day without much issue or messing around. Both my wife and I have 4G LTEs now and the batteries are fantastic. I can get 24 hrs easy with normal use. With heavy use I still get 16+ hrs. I don't think it has ever left me hanging in the middle of the day.

That said, if the specs and videos of the yet to be released phone don't excite you, then buy something else. I can't wait to get mine.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
A phone maker with a record of bad battery life like HTC shouldn't be allowed to make phones with non replaceable batteries.

Then the dna was a failure, small battery AND you can't change it. Screw the customer

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Thunderbolt (which had TERRIBLE battery life) to the RAZR Maxx (the best), I still have a bit of concern going back to another HTC. I want to give the One a try so so so so bad but I'm worried if it will even last me a day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nobody said it would be easy downgrading from extreme capacity battery life down to average. :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD