HTC USA confirm HTC One will not be coming to Verizon

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Lemme just say this: There's a reason we didn't jump all over that like everybody else.

Technically, Verizon never got the HTC One X, either. How'd that turn out?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just a grain of salt for you right here - HTC (and Sprint as well) said they had no information on the JB update for my EVO back in December. They were working on it and hoped it would be out soon. The OTA was pushed the next day. Twitter isn't CNN.

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
This rumor started with a screenshot from WalMart -__-

if Verizon can't do a weird freaky commercial for it.. they don't want it..

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a grain of salt for you right here - HTC (and Sprint as well) said they had no information on the JB update for my EVO back in December. They were working on it and hoped it would be out soon. The OTA was pushed the next day. Twitter isn't CNN.

Those were some good times... I miss that. Remember when they told us we already had the update like weeks before it actually came out?

Sent from my Note 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe VZW will just be late to the party (as usual) with a rebranded One. I did think HTC One was trying to avoid that and go with 1 device across all carriers like the iPhone and galaxy series. I guess we will see what happens.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
HTC was stupid not to get this phone on verizon. Largest network in the country and your flagship isn't on it? Not a good look.

Knowing verizon they will turn the HTC ONE into a droid.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC was stupid not to get this phone on verizon. Largest network in the country and your flagship isn't on it? Not a good look.
I know, right? Thank goodness Apple put the iPhone on Verizon and let them rebrand it. They were practically bankrupt at that point, losing money year after year.

Maybe Verizon does want it to be a Droid and HTC won't give in. I'm just speculating, obviously. But if that was what Verizon wanted and HTC did cave you would be here talking about how stupid HTC was to let Verizon push them around, when they needed to launch the One across all carriers the way Samsung did last year, and how they should have stuck to their guns and walked if Verizon didn't take it the way HTC demanded.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Knowing verizon they will turn the HTC ONE into a droid.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Vzw probably didn't wanna alienate the customers who just bought the DNA

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It will be called the DNA 2 and will have 10 gigs of featured apps, I mean, bloatware and have hideous red accents on everything.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I hope they get it but on HTC's site they don't yet acknowledge Verizon for availability. It could be because it's either not coming or they are only mentioning the initial availability. I hope it's the later.

Attachments

• HTC one page.png
    HTC one page.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 73

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis