HTC USA confirm HTC One will not be coming to Verizon

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If the phone isn't on Verizon, it has no chance and will suffer the same fate as the HTC One X and X+. No doubts about it.

Verizon is bigger (more subscribers) than Sprint and T-Mobile combined! It's not like they are going to lose out on 1 carrier; they are technically losing out on 2 carriers worth of potential users! HTC is crazy if they aren't forcing the HTC One onto Verizon. Let Verizon put their nasty logo on it.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i had heard a law was being passed that would prohibit specific phones from only being carried on specific carriers. has anyone else ever heard of this?

jacobcrny

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i had heard a law was being passed that would prohibit specific phones from only being carried on specific carriers. has anyone else ever heard of this?

In other news there will be no console specific video games. A law like that would never pass because the government has no business telling a company what they can and cannot sell for certain reasons.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
In other news there will be no console specific video games. A law like that would never pass because the government has no business telling a company what they can and cannot sell for certain reasons.

But why should a manufacturer care what carrier you use the phone you paid for with? You should be able to buy any phone you want and use it on any carrier

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If the phone isn't on Verizon, it has no chance and will suffer the same fate as the HTC One X and X+. No doubts about it.

Verizon is bigger (more subscribers) than Sprint and T-Mobile combined! It's not like they are going to lose out on 1 carrier; they are technically losing out on 2 carriers worth of potential users! HTC is crazy if they aren't forcing the HTC One onto Verizon. Let Verizon put their nasty logo on it.

Ok I gotta say this so what it isnt on vzw. If u wanna go by numbers att and sprint beats vzw and the one is on both not to mention T-Mobile. Which means a LOT of potential customers

Sent from my Incredible 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But why should a manufacturer care what carrier you use the phone you paid for with? You should be able to buy any phone you want and use it on any carrier

That's a nice pipe dream, but the technology isn't there for that.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site

You can buy any phone you want and use it on any carrier. It's called a "unlocked sim free device "

You can even flash a sprint phone to VZW but VZW nor sprint will activate a phone that isn't there's. only GSM carriers

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
DROID DNA+
DROID Incredible One

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it being the Droid Incredible One. Possibly the Droid Incredible 4? Isn't it time for another Droid Incredible to be launched?

The third Incredible was the Incredible 4G LTE.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Probably won't be Incredible. I would bet on Droid ONE before anything else.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The third Incredible was the Incredible 4G LTE.

I forgot about that...You're right, it would be too confusing to have the Droid Incredible 4G LTE then the Droid Incredible 4.
Probably won't be Incredible. I would bet on Droid ONE before anything else.

Possibly.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't think it would be DNA+ either. Its going to look nothing like the DNA so that wouldn't make sense.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I don't care anymore since I just left Verizon. Left to save some cash. Good luck to you guys. I know VZW has, what seems longer, more thorough testing processes but it was a pain either not getting a top device or getting much later than rivals. Good luck to you all waiting on this or a variant.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I don't care anymore since I just left Verizon. Left to save some cash. Good luck to you guys. I know VZW has, what seems longer, more thorough testing processes but it was a pain either not getting a top device or getting much later than rivals. Good luck to you all waiting on this or a variant.

I'm not waiting for it. When it comes to T-Mobile I'm leaving Verizon.