03-26-2013 08:15 PM
39 12
tools
    03-17-2013 06:06 PM
    HTC won't have to deal with Verizon's software meddling. Look how Verizon meddles with phones... prime example is the Galaxy Nexus and Google Wallet. Verizon is heavily imto phone branding.
    03-17-2013 06:28 PM
    Lemme just say this: There's a reason we didn't jump all over that like everybody else.

Technically, Verizon never got the HTC One X, either. How'd that turn out?
    bp3dots likes this.
    03-17-2013 07:26 PM
    Good point Phil.
    03-17-2013 07:31 PM
    Just a grain of salt for you right here - HTC (and Sprint as well) said they had no information on the JB update for my EVO back in December. They were working on it and hoped it would be out soon. The OTA was pushed the next day. Twitter isn't CNN.
    03-17-2013 07:43 PM
    Lemme just say this: There's a reason we didn't jump all over that like everybody else.

Technically, Verizon never got the HTC One X, either. How'd that turn out?
    Verizon is going to murder the look of the htc one. Thats if they get their own version.
    03-17-2013 07:50 PM
    This rumor started with a screenshot from WalMart -__-

if Verizon can't do a weird freaky commercial for it.. they don't want it..
    03-17-2013 11:44 PM
    Just a grain of salt for you right here - HTC (and Sprint as well) said they had no information on the JB update for my EVO back in December. They were working on it and hoped it would be out soon. The OTA was pushed the next day. Twitter isn't CNN.
    Those were some good times... I miss that. Remember when they told us we already had the update like weeks before it actually came out?

Sent from my Note 2
    03-17-2013 11:52 PM
    Verizon is going to murder the look of the htc one. Thats if they get their own version.
    First, remove HTC from between the buttons and slap a giant Verizon logo in the center.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    BigDinCA, bp3dots and jfoofoo like this.
    03-18-2013 12:25 AM
    Maybe VZW will just be late to the party (as usual) with a rebranded One. I did think HTC One was trying to avoid that and go with 1 device across all carriers like the iPhone and galaxy series. I guess we will see what happens.
    03-18-2013 10:26 AM
    HTC was stupid not to get this phone on verizon. Largest network in the country and your flagship isn't on it? Not a good look.

Knowing verizon they will turn the HTC ONE into a droid.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Ry and cinnamin like this.
    03-18-2013 11:07 AM
    HTC was stupid not to get this phone on verizon. Largest network in the country and your flagship isn't on it? Not a good look.
    I know, right? Thank goodness Apple put the iPhone on Verizon and let them rebrand it. They were practically bankrupt at that point, losing money year after year.

Maybe Verizon does want it to be a Droid and HTC won't give in. I'm just speculating, obviously. But if that was what Verizon wanted and HTC did cave you would be here talking about how stupid HTC was to let Verizon push them around, when they needed to launch the One across all carriers the way Samsung did last year, and how they should have stuck to their guns and walked if Verizon didn't take it the way HTC demanded.
    03-18-2013 11:15 AM

Knowing verizon they will turn the HTC ONE into a droid.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Vzw probably didn't wanna alienate the customers who just bought the DNA

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Ry and MERCDROID like this.
    03-18-2013 11:21 AM
    That's my theory, too. When the DNA became official, it seemed unlikely Verizon would get a version of HTC's next One phone.
    Ry and MERCDROID like this.
    03-18-2013 11:33 AM
    It will be called the DNA 2 and will have 10 gigs of featured apps, I mean, bloatware and have hideous red accents on everything.
    The Real X Dawg likes this.
    03-18-2013 02:03 PM
    did any1 else notice the the tweets saying the htc one will not be on verizon are being removed ?
    03-18-2013 02:40 PM
    HTC One Verizon release in question as Tweets disappear - SlashGear

That's what I saw today. They are pretty confident Verizon will get the phone branded as the HTC One
    03-18-2013 02:55 PM
    I hope they get it but on HTC's site they don't yet acknowledge Verizon for availability. It could be because it's either not coming or they are only mentioning the initial availability. I hope it's the later.
    Attached Thumbnails HTC USA confirm HTC One will not be coming to Verizon-htc-one-page.png  
    03-18-2013 03:13 PM
    It will be called the DNA 2 and will have 10 gigs of featured apps, I mean, bloatware and have hideous red accents on everything.

Lol
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    03-19-2013 01:03 AM
    HTC One Verizon release in question as Tweets disappear - SlashGear

That's what I saw today. They are pretty confident Verizon will get the phone branded as the HTC One
    This is completely ridiculous already...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    03-19-2013 01:05 AM

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Like they did with the Bionic and the RAZR...
    03-19-2013 04:44 PM
    If the phone isn't on Verizon, it has no chance and will suffer the same fate as the HTC One X and X+. No doubts about it.

Verizon is bigger (more subscribers) than Sprint and T-Mobile combined! It's not like they are going to lose out on 1 carrier; they are technically losing out on 2 carriers worth of potential users! HTC is crazy if they aren't forcing the HTC One onto Verizon. Let Verizon put their nasty logo on it.
    03-19-2013 05:26 PM
    i had heard a law was being passed that would prohibit specific phones from only being carried on specific carriers. has anyone else ever heard of this?
    03-19-2013 06:11 PM
    i had heard a law was being passed that would prohibit specific phones from only being carried on specific carriers. has anyone else ever heard of this?
    Ha. That will never ever happen.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-19-2013 11:52 PM
    In other news there will be no console specific video games. A law like that would never pass because the government has no business telling a company what they can and cannot sell for certain reasons.
    03-19-2013 11:54 PM
39 12