HTC one camera vs Samsung Galaxy S4

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Um... no they didn't.

I mean the megapixel marketing race is silly, and surely most people don't need thirteen friggin megapixels on their phone, and pixel size and light gathering ability is an important consideration. But the actual legitimate reasons for having as many pixels as possible still exist, and the "rating" (whatever you mean by that) is still the same.

xtn

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
What I'm saying is many photo enthusiast often claim the concept of more megapixels equals better camera is bs, and HTC just proved that right in those pictures. So why is MP what they've chosen to rate cameras by if it obviously doesn't equate to better camera?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Because it is a convenient, objective property that is easy for non-knowledgable consumers to understand.

They are right that megapixel quantity doesn't automatically make a good camera. But that doesn't mean more megapixels are completely useless. It's one factor of many. How you weight that factor against the others depends on your photography goals.

Just as an example... I often use my phone to take shots on construction sites, for reference back in the office. I might take a picture of an equipment data plate or an electrric panel's breakers. In this case, megapixels rule the day, because my usage is to read the fine print once I'm back in the office. I don't care about acurate color, low light ability, a fast shutter, or any other criteria in this case; just fine detail. Now I do realize this isn't a common usage for cell phone cameras among the mass of consumers, and neither is it my only usage, so I hope you understand I'm not dissing the One's camera. Just illustrating my point.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital