Verizon and HTC can't seem to make up their minds!!

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
From slashgear.com

Microsoft
HTC One Verizon release in question as Tweets disappear
Chris Burns, Mar 18th 2013

This week the HTC One has been once again teased for release on the 4G LTE-toting Verizon network here in the United States. Whoever is behind the wheel on the HTC Twitter account has more than once replied to users across the USA saying that they have no plans to release the HTC One on Verizon Wireless ? though quickly after replying in more than one case, these tweets have disappeared entirely.

According to the LA Times there was a tweet (one you can see below) directing users to a page about the DROID DNA in stead of an HTC One showing on the big red network. Another tweet made just a few minutes ago includes talk of no Verizon release for the HTC One with a bit of a disclaimer ? ?we?ll let you know? if there?s going to be a release in the future.
weletyouknowok.png

weletyouknowok.png

We?ve heard ourselves that the Verizon HTC One would be a reality in coming months ? our source is one we trust, and we?ve seen another trusted source speaking on the matter as well, saying also that Verizon would carry the device. This release is also being tipped to be odd for Verizon in the way it?ll be conducted: without Verizon changes to the name or the hardware

Normally when a device such as the HTC J Butterfly heads to Verizon, it?s re-named and re-branded. The Butterfly became the DROID DNA (see our full review). With the HTC One series, Verizon brought fourth the DROID Incredible 4G LTE (see our full review). Here with the HTC One, we?re still confident in our source saying the HTC One will be revealed as the HTC One a short period after the rest of the top four networks in the USA have their releases individually.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm done with these rumors...lol
Gonna get the Z10 with a discount from one of our lines and enjoy that. If the One (or something better) comes along the pipeline I'll sell the Z10 on ebay and get that.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Fact:
- HTC has made no announcement that it will release the One on Verizon.

Rumor:
- HTC will release a One-like device on Verizon in the near future.

Source of skepticism:
- Semantics.

Taking a picture of HTC's OFFICIAL site does nothing to quell the UNOFFICIAL rumors of a release of the HTC One on Verizon that may or may not be called the One. It's not that complicated, but it is incredibly irritating.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Fact:
- HTC has made no announcement that it will release the One on Verizon.

Rumor:
- HTC will release a One-like device on Verizon in the near future.

Source of skepticism:
- Semantics.

Taking a picture of HTC's OFFICIAL site does nothing to quell the UNOFFICIAL rumors of a release of the HTC One on Verizon that may or may not be called the One. It's not that complicated, but it is incredibly irritating.

I agree with you that's why of you read my post you'd see that I say there are probably a couple reasons to explain for not including verizon:

1) they won't get it. Maybe a variant but not the one.

2) they are getting but just not initially so htc is only including where people can get it initially.

So I agree with you but people want to know if they are getting the one and not a variant. And variant could be very different when it comes to format factor and storage options and software. So when it comes to the One verizon right now is not being included.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No Verizon is a big mistake for HTC. They are the biggest (a push between AT&T) carrier in the US! HTC lost out on so much potential customers.

At this point they should be begging as many users as they can to have this phone in their hands.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
No Verizon is a big mistake for HTC. They are the biggest (a push between AT&T) carrier in the US! HTC lost out on so much potential customers.

At this point they should be begging as many users as they can to have this phone in their hands.

No doubt. I've got until June. If some weird watered down version of this phone happens to come along..or nothing at all, I'm already set to go with AT&T... they said they're just waiting for me, since I kind of started the ball in motion to move there... Enough of Verizon's games and rebranding.
So, it'll be Verizon's loss (again) if they totally pass this up. They already screwed it up badly!

Last edited:

steelrabbit

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Now HTC's marketing chief has announced there will be a follow up model of the Butterfly/DNA:

HTC to launch follow-up to Droid DNA, says marketing chief | Mobile - CNET News

Is this "DNA plus" Verizon's version of the One or something that's just as good as/better than the One? Unfortunately this means more waiting for me - I was sold on getting the DNA, but the next version may be worth the wait, or at least will drive the price down on the current DNA.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I noticed three weeks ago that the DNA was no longer on Verizon's website when looking for accessories, so this article is already inaccurate by saying that its just now gone. As for the HTC ONE coming to Verizon, if HTC has confirmed that there will be a second DNA/butterfly, then I believe that that is the device that went through Bluetooth testing and that will be the new device on Verizon. I don't see it having an aluminum body or front facing dual speakers, but perhaps Verizon will allow an SD card and larger battery on this device. It will most likely have sense 5 and many of the newer features the one like zoe. Just my prediction.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Evleaks claims the one is coming to Verizon because of asurioun documents. At & t is also getting the xperia z something lol. Evleaks is pretty legit when It comes to rumors so who knows.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Digging my htc

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have sent an email to HTC and Verizon, trying to find out anything new if the One or something similar is coming to Verizon. HTC has been really cool about emailing me back but Verizon seems to not really care. I haven't received anything from Verizon. This is what I sent to HTC: I am on Tmobile service. I have a HTC Sensation. I know, it's getting old but has & still is a great phone. I love HTC phones. My problem is, my wife & I are switching to Verizon networks. Tmobile is not increasing my coverage. My contract is up in a month. Then we switch. I really want the HTC One on Verizon. Could you plz tell me if HTC is bringing the One or something real similar to Verizon? I dig your phones and I really don't want to switch to Samsung Galaxy S4. I will wait a few months to switch to Verizon if you will be honest with on what HTC is bringing to Verizon. The DNA is a really cool phone but I really like the speaker setup and new multi-pixel camera on the One. Could you just let me know if and when approximately HTC has plans to bring something similar to the HTC One to Verizon. Thank you for reading my note. [/B][/B] This is what I got back from HTC:
Thank you so much for contacting us here at the HTC customer support center. Tony, let me say that I really understand where you coming from with this as I know how exciting is to have a device such as our brand new device, the HTC One. The decision to not sell and distribute the phone in Verizon Wireless is due some contractual agreements with our carriers that distribute our products and services including Verizon wireless. The carrier needs to make the phone usable according to their networks specifications and hardware implementations as the phone usually needs to be customize to work in the different networks and services of the carrier. I would like to encourage you to contact Verizon Wireless support center as they may provide you more accurate information in regards to your request and if they are expecting to sell the device with their products and services soon. Thanks for your continuous support of our products and services. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through HTC or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM, 7 days a week. Have a really nice weekend!

Last edited:

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I find it weird that since the HTC One isn't going to be available for Verizon then why on the official HTC website they let you choose Verizon?

s3f413.jpg

This could either mean it actually is going to come eventually, or HTC is just throwing every carrier into that drop down list.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I was disappointed by the response I got from HTC as well (that's my Twitter account referenced in the OP). I had a Galaxy S III last year and HATED TouchWiz so I wanted to give HTC another chance. We'll see what ends up happening though because as others have stated, evleaks tends to be extremely reliable when it comes to leaked info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae