11-25-2013 04:00 PM
92 1234
tools
    Great review!

Now if people would quit bashing it for non-removable battery and SD slot that would be great!
    That was always what made android stand out against iPhone from the beginning so you have to know the hardcore android enthusiast will be mad because of this.
    The Hustleman and artyshellz like this.
    03-20-2013 11:51 AM
    reception/radio strength..it is a phone after all and I've see many times that not all are equal in that arena, HTC and Moto in my experience have always been particularly great in getting more dbm/bars than some other phones so hoping the One is no different.
    Agreed...would love to see/hear more on that as well.
    03-20-2013 01:47 PM
    Screen on time...install gsam or some other 3rd party monitoring app

reception/radio strength..it is a phone after all and I've see many times that not all are equal in that arena, HTC and Moto in my experience have always been particularly great in getting more dbm/bars than some other phones so hoping the One is no different.

Also..GPS lock on..(does it work as it should)--->typically not a concern for me but we did have some devices in the past where this was an issue.
    I'm dying to know the screen-on time and radio situation as well, though Phil posted a comment last week in one of these threads that the radios were good. As for GPS:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...s-htc-one.html

And by the way, this review is the reason I come to Android Central. Long and detailed, but not verbose. And every aspect is discussed, not just touched upon. Excellent job, once again.
    Johnly likes this.
    03-20-2013 01:55 PM
    alex how battery life on this m8
    03-20-2013 04:16 PM
    Chances are he was just making excuses to say the iPhone was superior in any way he can.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

That's exactly and immediately what I was thinking, but I want to be sure.

Most review sites are saying the HTC One hardware quality is superior to that of the Apple iPhone 5. I have yet to hold the device, so I can't be sure personally. Based on what I have been reading, however, it seems that Rene is doing exactly what you suggest.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-21-2013 12:49 AM
    That's exactly and immediately what I was thinking, but I want to be sure.

Most review sites are saying the HTC One hardware quality is superior to that of the Apple iPhone 5. I have yet to hold the device, so I can't be sure personally. Based on what I have been reading, however, it seems that Rene is doing exactly what you suggest.
    I think it's right up there, if not better. A lot of that has to do it being one piece of metal with the plastic injected inside. I've seen the step-by-step process. It's pretty damn cool.
    estebancam, TomsAndroid and trandz like this.
    03-21-2013 11:46 AM
    Phil, Are you going to keep the One and use it over the N4? At least until the S4 testing review units come out? What I'm trying to say is, did you switch?
    03-21-2013 12:12 PM
    ... one piece of metal with the plastic injected inside. I've seen the step-by-step process. It's pretty damn cool.
    I saw a sweet pic on cnet the other day that showed the inside of the body with the white plastic injected inside to outside, so you can tell it's not just some cheap trim glued to the outside. I'd love to see some video of the production process like we saw with the EVO or the One X from last year. And not that short one where the designers are on screen 95% of the time and you can see the aluminum being milled for all of 7 seconds.

http://asset1.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d...te_610x482.jpg
    03-21-2013 12:37 PM
    alex how battery life on this m8
    HTC One review - Battery life
    03-21-2013 01:25 PM
    Has anyone established how Sense handles multi tasking in this iteration vs. the One X? I'd like to imagine they keep more open in RAM...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    03-21-2013 11:55 PM
    Has anyone established how Sense handles multi tasking in this iteration vs. the One X? I'd like to imagine they keep more open in RAM...

That hasn't been a problem since the one x and evo LTE.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-22-2013 02:46 AM

I haven't had any complaints. 2GB means not having to say you're sorry.
    smcolbert and DWS44 like this.
    03-22-2013 08:04 AM
    I haven't had any complaints. 2GB means not having to say you're sorry.
    But we were told that was a feature, not a mistake. Those people that took that line from HTC and sold it probably feel silly now.
    03-22-2013 09:37 AM
    But we were told that was a feature, not a mistake. Those people that took that line from HTC and sold it probably feel silly now.
    We were told it was a "feature" because it was there intentionally as a way to manage RAM. As Phil said, 2GB probably removes that need.

03-22-2013 10:08 AM
    We were told it was a "feature" because it was there intentionally as a way to manage RAM. As Phil said, 2GB probably removes that need.

So it wasn't a feature, just a lack of admission they either used up too many resources with sense or added too little ram. But reducing functionally is not a feature. If it was a feature they would have kept it despite having enough ram.
    03-22-2013 10:18 AM

Exactly.

So it wasn't a feature, just a lack of admission they either used up too many resources with sense or added too little ram. But reducing functionally is not a feature. If it was a feature they would have kept it despite having enough ram.
    I think you're mistaking "feature" for "necessary function" in an attempt to play a little "gotcha." It's the way it was because HTC thought it needed to be that way. I would prefer apps not dump out of RAM that quickly. But I also don't manufacturer (and develop) smartphones for a living.

The addition of more RAM -- and probably some more software tweaks, too -- made that sort of multitasking moot.
    smcolbert likes this.
    03-22-2013 03:56 PM
    OK, Alex. Desert Island question: If you could only take one device to a deserted island, which would it be? And how does it compare to the Blackberry Z10?
    03-22-2013 11:44 PM
    Exactly. Anything else is just an excuse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-2013 08:08 AM
    Exactly. Anything else is just an excuse

Yeah, because HTC is the only manufacturer with broken multitasking. :rolleyes:

03-23-2013 12:01 PM
    Yeah, because HTC is the only manufacturer with broken multitasking. :rolleyes:

What other Android phone? What other HTC One except the One X series? :rolleyes:

03-23-2013 12:29 PM
    Multitasking is broken in all Android. HTC made a compromise in one area to improve functionality in another, but it wasn't well received (by some "power users" ). Multi tasking needs to be changed from what it is and HTC was just trying a new approach (which 90%of people didn't find issue with).

03-23-2013 12:45 PM
    Multitasking is broken in all Android. HTC made a compromise in one area to improve functionality in another, but it wasn't well received (by some "power users" ). Multi tasking needs to be changed from what it is and HTC was just trying a new approach (which 90%of people didn't find issue with).

Thats cause 90% took it back for a s3 lol. (I kid) If you say so. Done with it

03-23-2013 12:55 PM
    Thats cause 90% took it back for a s3 lol. (I kid) If you say so. Done with it

Fair enough. Haha.

ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    03-23-2013 01:08 PM
    Few questions for someone who has the device

1) does it show your calendar events on the lock screen (even the next event is fine)?

2) same as above but if you have exchange account with forced security policies, do they show anything on the lock screen?
    03-26-2013 08:34 AM
    Multitasking is broken in all Android.
    What does this mean?
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-26-2013 08:49 AM
92 1234