11-25-2013 03:00 PM
92 1234
tools
    What does this mean?
    Just a pointless rant with no truth whatsoever in it
    KoukiFC3S and TomsAndroid like this.
    03-26-2013 09:04 AM
    Just a pointless rant with no truth whatsoever in it

What it means is that Android has an app switcher built in, but other than the convenient swiping, it's--in practice--no better than the "multi-tasking" in iOS.

Pick up a blackberry playbook or play with webos. That's multi-tasking.

This really belongs in another thread if people want to make a deal out of it, though, so I'm not going to instigate the argument anymore. Check the link if you want an idea of my full opinion.

http://m.pocketnow.com/2012/07/16/an...f-baked-ripoff

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    03-26-2013 09:36 AM

What it means is that Android has an app switcher built in, but other than the convenient swiping, it's--in practice--no better than the "multi-tasking" in iOS.

Pick up a blackberry playbook or play with webos. That's multi-tasking.

This really belongs in another thread if people want to make a deal out of it, though, so I'm not going to instigate the argument anymore. Check the link if you want an idea of my full opinion.

Android Multitasking Is (Still) A Half-Baked Ripoff | Pocketnow

Sounds like it was written by an iOS fanboy. :P
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-29-2013 10:11 PM
    Sounds like it was written by an iOS fanboy. :P
    Ha. Uh, do you mean webos?

I agree with him. Android's implementation is pretty halfassed, but that's due to some limitations on how it could be done. Now if only Google could port over a lot of the ux concepts from webos. That would be an amazing experience.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-29-2013 10:42 PM
    Delayed delayed delayed :banghead:
    03-30-2013 06:54 PM
    I've had my eye on this phone for my next upgrade (May-- yay!) but I'm concerned about the "meh" reaction the camera is getting. I've seen comparisons to the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4, but what I really want to know is how it holds up against the iPhone 4s. Thats what I have now and I am satisfied with its camera performance. Am I going to be taking a step backwards (camera-wise) with the One? Keep in mind I don't have a dedicated camera, just my phone, and I don't print pictures out-- just email, message and facebook like most people.
    03-30-2013 09:38 PM
    I've had my eye on this phone for my next upgrade (May-- yay!) but I'm concerned about the "meh" reaction the camera is getting. I've seen comparisons to the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S4, but what I really want to know is how it holds up against the iPhone 4s. Thats what I have now and I am satisfied with its camera performance. Am I going to be taking a step backwards (camera-wise) with the One? Keep in mind I don't have a dedicated camera, just my phone, and I don't print pictures out-- just email, message and facebook like most people.
    Should be on par with the 4s. If you just use them electronically, it'll be more than adequate.

TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-30-2013 10:00 PM
    I don't care for non-swappable batteries, I think its stupid and clearly based on reports at iFixIt report to be dismal when it comes to repairs. HTC One Teardown - iFixit so if you cant repair it, how can you get the battery swapped out when it stops holding a charge long enough. I know the iPhone is the same way but they can swap out the battery fairly well.
    03-31-2013 12:02 PM
    More or less, yeah. The biggest disappointment for me was dynamic range. There'll absolutely be cases where a One X will get you a better photo, just because if the 4MP wall. But for the kind of photos people take on phones, the One (M7) is a good fit.
    Painting us all with a broad brush! I take my phone now on my vacations and take most my pictures with it. This one I took in Stockholm while on a train hopping from one island to another.

EVO 4G LTE camera. I don't want a downgrade on the camera. I'm looking to switch to ATT but might just take a freebee phone to last me until the x phone/nexus 5 comes out.
    03-31-2013 01:30 PM
    I don't care for non-swappable batteries, I think its stupid and clearly based on reports at iFixIt report to be dismal when it comes to repairs. HTC One Teardown - iFixit so if you cant repair it, how can you get the battery swapped out when it stops holding a charge long enough. I know the iPhone is the same way but they can swap out the battery fairly well.
    Apple doesn't swap out the battery. They give you a new phone. (which is what htc will do)

smcolbert likes this.
    03-31-2013 03:42 PM
    Ah I want this to be my next phone - currently on the iphone 5. But there is just pre-order everywhere I look. Well everywhere except eBay but I would rather buy it from a "store" than eBay. I was tempted by the the Nexus 4 but I think the overall experience from the One is what I am looking for. Of course I have played with neither of them and this is just from all the reviews I have read and watched. Then again I was also tempted by the BB Z10 but think Android is more me at the moment.
    04-01-2013 03:06 PM
    What on earth are you talking about?

I think he's talking about whether or not LTE will be compatible in North America. But I could be wrong.
    04-02-2013 07:09 PM
    Is it true that it isn't LTE compatible in North America?

If it isn't, thats a total dealbreaker.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    04-02-2013 07:41 PM
    Is it true that it isn't LTE compatible in North America?

If it isn't, thats a total dealbreaker.

What on earth are you talking about?

04-02-2013 08:01 PM
    CNET's review states that it's only LTE compatible in europe.

04-02-2013 08:20 PM
    The review units that got sent out were all international models. The US versions will be US LTE compatible.

04-02-2013 09:19 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up. It didn't sound right when I watched their unboxing video.
    04-02-2013 10:35 PM
    haha, here people can talk freely, the HTC one looks nice.
    04-03-2013 05:06 AM
    I wouldnt buy a phone that is possibly impossible to open without damaging it. What happens if something breaks out of warranty? Or you cracked your display and need to replace it? It seems you cant even replace the battery. Far too expensive for a disposable product, no matter how nice all the features appear to be.
    HTC One Receives Lowest iFixit Repair Score to Date
    HTC One Teardown - iFixit
    04-05-2013 04:38 PM
    I wouldnt buy a phone that is possibly impossible to open without damaging it. What happens if something breaks out of warranty? Or you cracked your display and need to replace it? It seems you cant even replace the battery. Far too expensive for a disposable product, no matter how nice all the features appear to be.
    HTC One Receives Lowest iFixit Repair Score to Date
    HTC One Teardown - iFixit
    You send it to htc. It is not a disposable product. If you want a disposable product, buy a Samsung.

04-05-2013 11:12 PM
    You send it to htc. It is not a disposable product. If you want a disposable product, buy a Samsung.

So you're going to keep this HTC One until you die? I doubt it. That makes it disposable. All of your comments are so fetching asinine. Can you please stop with this ridiculous hatred for Samsung? You're starting to sound like a dang fool! Did a Samsung phone steal the affection of your significant other? Did it screw your favorite sports team out of a championship? Did it kill one of your family members? Because other than those things, I see no reason for you to be so illogical.
    04-05-2013 11:16 PM
    So you're going to keep this HTC One until you die? I doubt it. That makes it disposable. All of your comments are so fetching asinine. Can you please stop with this ridiculous hatred for Samsung? You're starting to sound like a dang fool! Did a Samsung phone steal the affection of your significant other? Did it screw your favorite sports team out of a championship? Did it kill one of your family members? Because other than those things, I see no reason for you to be so illogical.
    I've chosen a Samsung over an HTC for my past 3 devices. It's a choice, but I wish the battery were better and I hate removable storage.

I don't plan to keep it until I die. I intend to use it for as long as I've had any of my other Samsung phones. I just anticipate it to hold up a little better during that time.

04-06-2013 01:41 AM
    Figured I'd resurrect this baby after a couple of weeks...

but I just finished molesting one at a Sprint store and I have to be honest, swiping up and down in the app drawer is SOOOOO much better than side to side. I know it's a tiny thing, but I've heard people complain about it (Phil!) and it just seems to me that if you are holding a phone in one hand, swiping up/down with your thumb is so much more natural than going side to side with it.
    04-19-2013 05:13 PM
    Yes it does with the "Productivity" setup of the lock screen - you have the option of selecting a few. I dont have an exchange account with forced security policy but put in security and I still see my events on the lock screen.
    04-19-2013 05:35 PM
    Alex,

Is there any way to have "server search" ability on MSN / hotmail and Google hosted company mail. I could not do this on the HTC One mail app. Am I missing something? I know this is possible on the Nexus 4. It also seems HTC is not using the stock mail app. Will really appreciate a reply. I would to sync email for about 30 days or so but would like the ability to search something which was on the server from 6 months ago or longer.

Thanks
    04-19-2013 05:38 PM
92 1234