Android Central's HTC One review

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to get a s3 style calendar on the htc, like in the month view it shows events in the individual days rather than a vertical line, also how do you make events show in the bottom panel

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That was always what made android stand out against iPhone from the beginning so you have to know the hardcore android enthusiast will be mad because of this.

Although I'll be returning back to the Android platform with the HTC One, I have to say that I like there is no SD card slot. Those things get warped and can be very flakey at times. Nothing to be "mad" about, though.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Although I'll be returning back to the Android platform with the HTC One, I have to say that I like there is no SD card slot. Those things get warped and can be very flakey at times. Nothing to be "mad" about, though.
I see it the same as I see sliding keyboards, antennas, track balls, or any other outdated phone tech. Phones have evolved beyond SD cards and removable batteries. Not because the manufacturers are cheap or there isn't high consumer demand, but because there are better, easier, more reliable ways to backup, save, transfer, and access data without SD cards. So it's fine if people want to continue using them, but the evolution of phones is going to naturally move away from things like SD cards and removable batteries (and any moving parts) as technology progresses.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

misplacetexan

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I see it the same as I see sliding keyboards, antennas, track balls, or any other outdated phone tech. Phones have evolved beyond SD cards and removable batteries. Not because the manufacturers are cheap or there isn't high consumer demand, but because there are better, easier, more reliable ways to backup, save, transfer, and access data without SD cards. So it's fine if people want to continue using them, but the evolution of phones is going to naturally move away from things like SD cards and removable batteries (and any moving parts) as technology progresses.

SD cards are like floppy disk of computers.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I see it the same as I see sliding keyboards, antennas, track balls, or any other outdated phone tech.

I would appreciate a comeback of external antennae myself. Not big ones, just the little 1" inch ones we had before they died out altogether. I'd take a 10db increase in signal reception over style any day of the week.

Probably because I live in an area with weak reception.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Wreckus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, just got the phone and love it already. Find sense much for usable than Touchwiz (came from Galaxy SIII) and glad I ditch Rogers (or Robbers). Get a much better LTE reception now. The only thing I wish it had was the older style lockscreen with the weather. Other than that, Love the phone.

danyzfr6

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I cracked the screen on my Nexus 5 (first time I've ever cracked a screen on a phone, what a horrible feeling!) and had to send it in for service. My wife was gracious enough to lend me her old HTC One for Sprint (she moved to T-Mobile and picked up a One with them). I must say, I am really impressed with the One. The overall quality of the phone is amazing. The front facing speakers are genius, not sure why more phones don't do that. And I love the build quality in general; the phone just feels solid. Sense is a little annoying, but with Nova launcher, I can live with it. The phone is fast and responsive. I haven't noticed any lag. I seem to like the One's screen a lot better than the Nexus 5's.

I'll tell you one thing, using the One made me forget about the Nexus 5 for a while. It might be hard to go back now.

Last edited:

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I cracked the screen on my Nexus 5 (first time I've ever cracked a screen on a phone, what a horrible feeling!) and had to send it in for service. My wife was gracious enough to lend me her old HTC One for Sprint (she moved to T-Mobile and picked up a One with them). I must say, I am really impressed with the One. The overall quality of the phone is amazing. The front facing speakers are genius, not sure why more phones don't do that. And I love the build quality in general; the phone just feels solid. Sense is a little annoying, but with Nova launcher, I can live with it. The phone is fast and responsive. I haven't noticed any lag.

I'll tell you one thing, using the One made me forget about the Nexus 5 for a while. It might be hard to go back now.

i like the feel of my finger striking the aluminum speaker area.... cold and smooth ;)

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The One is still a pretty decent phone. Sorry that your screen cracked so soon. That is an aweful feeling.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz