Hi everyone, expecting my HTC one this week I use my current galaxy all the time as a sat nav in the van. I really like the look of the car dock and the feature to turn on car mode when the phone is connected. However as I'm in the building trade I need to use a case and this means taking it off every time I get in the van. I read you can get a cable which activates the car mode when it's plugged in ? Therefore I could use my old holder and keep the case on ? Anyone know about this ? Also when it switches on car mode does it turn on Bluetooth as I use a parrot hands free ? Would this be the best solution .
    Thanks
    03-23-2013 03:03 PM
    I modified one of the generic holders for a few different old phones in the past. The dock mode triggers are most commonly a magnetic one. I drilled a hole and inserting a small magnet where it needed to be and it worked perfectly. Pretty easy assuming the One uses magnetic actuation.
    03-23-2013 03:13 PM
    Why don't you buy a standard car dock and put an NFC tag that enables Bluetooth and launches the car app on the back of the dock.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    03-23-2013 04:25 PM
    Ha cheers, just posted exactly that liking the look of the NFC. Tell me though when I put the phone against it it turns on BT and car mode can you program the tags so when you remove it from the phone it carries out another action ie normal mode. Or do you program them as touch one car mode next touch normal mode ? Sorry if that doesn't make sense, going to do a bit of research now. Thanks all
    03-23-2013 04:42 PM
    Maybe the best thing would actually be to stick a tag next to your dock. Touch it against that tag to activate Bluetooth and car app then second tap would deactivate Bluetooth and just close the app...
    03-23-2013 04:52 PM
    Hi everyone, expecting my HTC one this week I use my current galaxy all the time as a sat nav in the van. I really like the look of the car dock and the feature to turn on car mode when the phone is connected. However as I'm in the building trade I need to use a case and this means taking it off every time I get in the van. I read you can get a cable which activates the car mode when it's plugged in ? Therefore I could use my old holder and keep the case on ? Anyone know about this ? Also when it switches on car mode does it turn on Bluetooth as I use a parrot hands free ? Would this be the best solution .
    Thanks
    I picked up the iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC from Amazon for $40. I've used it with a variety of cases including the Otterbox Commuter Case. The dock has adjustable arms. The new HTC Car app actually has a built in auto launch bluetooth feature that will turn on bluetooth whenever it is plugged into a dock with auto launch feature. This dock both launches your car app and bluetooth. The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep the screen from auto dimming.

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Will Kumler likes this.
    04-27-2013 10:23 AM
    I picked up the iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC from Amazon for $40. I've used it with a variety of cases including the Otterbox Commuter Case. The dock has adjustable arms. The new HTC Car app actually has a built in auto launch bluetooth feature that will turn on bluetooth whenever it is plugged into a dock with auto launch feature. This dock both launches your car app and bluetooth. The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep the screen from auto dimming.

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Hi "Remix2000". Great to hear that you are using the xProDock from us at iBOLT. It works great with the HTC One. The solution to your "dimmer issue" is to use either CarHome Ultra or the iBOLT Dock'n Drive App as both Apps have the "override phone setting" dimmer functionality. Hope this helps?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
    remix1982 and Will Kumler like this.
    04-27-2013 10:46 AM