Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

08-27-2013 09:00 PM
28 12
tools
    I've never used any version of sense, but I like the idea of a "productivity" lockscreen option. Does anyone have any video or read a review that goes into detail about the locksreens? The only thing that I miss from ios is Lockinfo and I'm hoping that this might be it.......
    03-25-2013 09:19 PM
    If its similar to sense 4.x then its something like this.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Attached Thumbnails Sense 5 lockscreen-uploadfromtaptalk1364268988877.jpg  
    03-25-2013 10:36 PM
    Here check out this video:

How to change the lock screen style - HTC One - Vodafone Tech Team

via McTube for iPhone/iPad.
    03-26-2013 12:21 AM
    What do you mean by a "productivity" lockscreen?
    Do you mean one that has more functions than just a few icons & the weather? If so, check out "WidgetLocker"--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...w.widgetlocker - it allows you to fully customize your Lockscreen as if it was another screen on your device. IMO no other Lockscreen comes close to that much functionality, not even DashClock.

Here's an example:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    03-26-2013 12:35 AM
    If someone has the device few questions

1) does it show your calendar events on the lock screen (even the next event is fine)?

2) same as above but if you have exchange account with forced security policies, do they show anything on the lock screen?
    03-26-2013 07:33 AM
    If someone has the device few questions

1) does it show your calendar events on the lock screen (even the next event is fine)?

2) same as above but if you have exchange account with forced security policies, do they show anything on the lock screen?
    Definitely yes to number one

Unsure about number two as I am not using exchange with enforced security policies but I do get emails appearing.

This is a screenshot of the settings page for the 'productivity Lockscreen.'

03-26-2013 07:51 AM
    My biggest gripes with my Nexus4 is that if I use my work exchange account that enforces a pin use it won't show anything on the lock screen, just the pin numpad. With a lot of meetings its kind of big thing for me to be able to check my calendar events without unlocking my phone.
    03-26-2013 09:03 AM
    So anyone have tested the phone with exchange ?
    04-03-2013 11:32 PM
    I've never used any version of sense, but I like the idea of a "productivity" lockscreen option. Does anyone have any video or read a review that goes into detail about the locksreens? The only thing that I miss from ios is Lockinfo and I'm hoping that this might be it.......
    I LOVE LockInfo on my iPhone. It's one of those features that's tough to give up.

Currently on my lock screen I have collapsible sections with a monthly calendar, 5 day weather, upcoming calendar events, recent emails, notifications, SMS, and a side scrolling list of the contacts in my favorites. If I can replicate that 100% ill be thrilled, but I won't be overly disappointed if I can't.
    04-04-2013 05:47 AM
    Isn't the point of having a lockscreen to prevent accidental activation of the things on screen? If you are going to cover it with interactive widgets and shortcuts does that not rather defeat the object of the exercise?

Even on the plain Sense 5 lockscreen everything is still interactive and dragging on anything other than the lock icon will take you directly to that app. If you need more interaction than that then surely you are better off doing away with the lockscreen altogether and just using the physical lock button to take you directly to your home screen.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    04-04-2013 06:07 AM
    Preventing accidental activation is one reason for a lockscreen, but having all of the most recent and important info on the phone available at a glance without even having to unlock is really useful.

Also, just because this info is present doesn't mean you can easily activate anything. I don't find myself accidentally interacting with the items there because on e iPhone I need to hit the power button to light the screen first anyway.
    04-04-2013 06:18 AM
    I LOVE LockInfo on my iPhone. It's one of those features that's tough to give up.

Currently on my lock screen I have collapsible sections with a monthly calendar, 5 day weather, upcoming calendar events, recent emails, notifications, SMS, and a side scrolling list of the contacts in my favorites. If I can replicate that 100% ill be thrilled, but I won't be overly disappointed if I can't.
    This is the best you'll get,
    Sense 5 lockscreen-uploadfromtaptalk1365074380452.jpg
    Sense 5 lockscreen-uploadfromtaptalk1365074396004.jpg

Maybe this will change with lock screen widgets in 4.2.2....

Sent from my HTC One
    04-04-2013 06:20 AM
    This is the best you'll get
    That's close, but can't you customize how many of each event is visible? I'm new to android so it may just be someone I have to get used to.
    04-04-2013 06:24 AM
    Preventing accidental activation is one reason for a lockscreen, but having all of the most recent and important info on the phone available at a glance without even having to unlock is really useful.

Also, just because this info is present doesn't mean you can easily activate anything. I don't find myself accidentally interacting with the items there because on e iPhone I need to hit the power button to light the screen first anyway.
    May be different in ios because you have to go into apps to get the info where in Android you can have the info on your home screen in live widgets. You do still have to hit a physical button to activate the screen though, hence my point about using it to go directly to the home screen and bypass the lockscreen altogether.
    04-04-2013 06:34 AM
    May be different in ios because you have to go into apps to get the info where in Android you can have the info on your home screen in live widgets.
    But I don't have to go into apps, I have all this info available to me on the lockscreen. I don't even need to unlock the screen and go to a home screen. I just push the power button and all of my most important info is presented to me. I'll check it out after I have the One, I'm sure I can get to something that will work for me even if I have to change my behavior.
    jinhtcone likes this.
    04-04-2013 06:44 AM
    But I don't have to go into apps, I have all this info available to me on the lockscreen. I don't even need to unlock the screen and go to a home screen. I just push the power button and all of my most important info is presented to me. I'll check it out after I have the One, I'm sure I can get to something that will work for me even if I have to change my behavior.
    The sense lockscreen isn't as customizable as ios but it should be functional enough for you. The real limitation is what apps can show notifications, in ios you can select any apps you want and in sense you only have those stock apps that Russ showed in the screenshot (thanks Russ). Touchwiz seems to be even a little less capable in that area, I'm still relatively new to it so there may be a few tricks I don't know...

Sent from my Note 2
    Russ Smith likes this.
    04-04-2013 11:52 AM
    The aosp lockscreen is still the best.
    04-04-2013 05:22 PM
    far from it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    04-06-2013 07:33 AM
    The aosp lockscreen is still the best.
    Far from it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    04-06-2013 07:33 AM
    Check out Executive Assistant +. It's a perfect replacement for LockInfo.
    05-03-2013 09:29 AM
    Check out Executive Assistant +. It's a perfect replacement for LockInfo.
    Any more info on this before I drop $7. I also came from JB iphone 5 but with intelliscreen x, same difference. How has your experience been with Executive assistance plus??

Thanks
    05-03-2013 12:22 PM
    Any more info on this before I drop $7. I also came from JB iphone 5 but with intelliscreen x, same difference. How has your experience been with Executive assistance plus??

Thanks
    I've been using it for less than a day, but it displays recent emails, upcoming cal events, txt messages, missed calls, etc. It can display this on the lockscreen as well as in a widget. It does exactly what I need it to.
    05-03-2013 12:27 PM
    Im trying the free version now.

I had to remove the slider because it frustrated me sliding to unlock, then going to my lock screen and grabbing the lock to unlock again.

Did you find any solutions for this?
    05-03-2013 12:45 PM
    So anyone have tested the phone with exchange ?
    I'm on a hospital-associated Exchange email account, which means that I basically have to have every security feature under the sun enabled. My emails are showing up fine on the lockscreen with the default email client.
    05-03-2013 03:31 PM
    I've discovered a couple issues with the "Productivity Lock Screen", you have to slide the lock up you cannot slide from the middle of the screen. Also, Gmail notifications do not populate until you unlock the phone. I know there were several people having an issue with Gmail notifications.
    05-03-2013 03:40 PM
28 12