One Vs GS4

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the comparison mostly. The fact that build quality was a tie seems a bit odd. Also Ive realized benchmarks now dont matter because there was lag in the S4's video. Doesn't seem as if benchmarks mean anything. Also, their low light camera comparison seems a bit odd. All of the One pics look better.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The gs4 might well pip the HTC one in camera department but I've had good few comments on facebook as to what android I'm using for the pics im posting as they're awesome, this camera isn't crap by any stretch. I personally love the aspect ratio...

Sent from my HTC One

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The gs4 might well pip the HTC one in camera department but I've had good few comments on facebook as to what android I'm using for the pics im posting as they're awesome, this camera isn't crap by any stretch. I personally love the aspect ratio...

Sent from my HTC One

Both devices are clearly a win .I personally may get the S4 (vs keeping my note 2) but I hope HTC one takes a big chunk of Samsung otherwise they may get cocky(er) , we need competition to keep uping the game.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DrewDT

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Both devices would be a solid upgrade from my Bionic but the combination of Samsung's Android reputation and the HTC One not having a user removable battery is pointing me to the GS4.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the comparison mostly. The fact that build quality was a tie seems a bit odd. Also Ive realized benchmarks now dont matter because there was lag in the S4's video. Doesn't seem as if benchmarks mean anything. Also, their low light camera comparison seems a bit odd. All of the One pics look better.

There was lag cause it was a pre-production unit. The released ones should fix that.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
As a current iPhone 5 user who is trying to decide between trying out either the One or the S4, I find the comments about one phone "owning" the other pretty funny. It's a tough decision for me between the two, even though I'm leaning ever so slightly toward the One right now.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
As a current iPhone 5 user who is trying to decide between trying out either the One or the S4, I find the comments about one phone "owning" the other pretty funny. It's a tough decision for me between the two, even though I'm leaning ever so slightly toward the One right now.

It's the s4 trolls, came here and stired things up! I happent to think theyre both awesome and would try them both if I could afford to, but I chose the HTC One for my needs and wants and I am really happy with it :)

Sent from my HTC One

Mikenizme

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Russ, I happen to own the One and let me tell you I agree with you 100%. I think this will sell really really well ! It's an amazing piece of kit ! S4 trolls...or sammy trolls...(yes they call it sammy..sad i know..) are the next version of isheep fans. Unfortunately we need to put up with this now..

Regards,

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It's the s4 trolls, came here and stired things up! I happent to think theyre both awesome and would try them both if I could afford to, but I chose the HTC One for my needs and wants and I am really happy with it :)

Sent from my HTC One

Thanks Russ. Now, I'll never be an iPhone hater, but about once a year I like to test a new Android phone to see if I can be seduced to change camps. I really want to try the new HTC One to see if it fits my needs. I guess trolls are everywhere, huh? :D

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Russ, I happen to own the One and let me tell you I agree with you 100%. I think this will sell really really well ! It's an amazing piece of kit ! S4 trolls...or sammy trolls...(yes they call it sammy..sad i know..) are the next version of isheep fans. Unfortunately we need to put up with this now..

Regards,

That's funny, I've always argued it the other way. I've found htc owners to be more isheep like. And until very recently I was an htc owner so I'm not a fanboy either way. Just my observation, there are certainly plenty of people trolling on both sides

Sent from my Note 2

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I went iPhone-Desire-S2 and now the One, so apart from Android itself, don't consider myself constrained by fan-ism. I'll take whatever is the best at the time. My iPhone blew away my previous phone, which incidently was a HTC runnng Windows 6 (lol!) but then the Desire did the same to the iPhone. The S2 gave me all the Android features I loved from the Desire but with dual core power and a brilliant screen. Now the One gives me all of that with the premium quality feel of the iPhone, evolution baby, yeah!

Benchmarking and micro-analysis of digital images are great in geekland, but in the real world they aren't worth a damn. You should choose a phone based on a combination of its features, design and quality rather than solely on any single thing like who makes it. Then you should try telling my Applefan wife..............

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall