Use code Android10 andsave 10% on your first Upsie warranty
03-08-2014 01:26 PM
1,071 ... 414243
tools
    Hey guys,

Can you please recommend me the toughest, thickest and grippiest case for htc one? Basically I want to get rid of my ipod touch and use my htc one in the gym but the problem is during certain lifts like bench press, ipod falls out of my short's pocket all the time. I keep it in my pocket and I need a case that's not gonna come out even if I do a handstand push up

I spent today to look at cases online and so far only found these:

Seidio Convert:

Ballistic SG MAXX:

Otterbox Defendor:

Trident Kraken AMS:

I watched some reviews on youtube and it seems like only Seidio has an outer surface that's rubber/silicone (uncovered parts from the last piece). I assume any case with an outer rubber/silicone cover should prevent slipping out of my pocket, right?

Can you please advice if you own any of these? Or are there other cases I should be looking at?

Thanks alot guys
    08-27-2013 10:59 PM
    I've used my past phones while mountain biking and have used both the Seidio Convert and the Otterbox Defender. The Seidio is a beefy case, and IMO better suited for drops. The Otterbox isn't bad, either, and also has a built-in screen protector. The Defender is known for being bulky but the Convert is bulkier because it's 3 layers of protection. Either way, I think either of these two cases would work for you.

I'm going with the Defender myself.

Posted via Android Central App
    lachdanan likes this.
    08-27-2013 11:26 PM
    Thanks alot man. Btw can you please tell me how they feel on the outside? Are they very grippy? Seidio convert looks more grippy but you would know it better of course
    08-27-2013 11:38 PM
    Thanks alot man. Btw can you please tell me how they feel on the outside? Are they very grippy? Seidio convert looks more grippy but you would know it better of course
    The Defender is more grippy, at least the one I had on my GNex was. The Defender has the hard inner shell with the silicone part wrapping the whole shell.

The Convert has the same thing, but has the exo skeleton on the outside and depending on what you set your phone on, it'll slide because the exo is plastic. With the Convert, you're really getting two cases.

lachdanan likes this.
    08-27-2013 11:59 PM
    Has anyone tried the Ballistic Aspira? I really like the look of it for a phone, except for the 'Ballistic' logo on the side. I'm looking for something that I can use outside that offers good protection. According to Amazon reviews, it's smaller than the Commuter, which was too big for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Cases for the HTC One-htcone_aspira_blackwhite_web_002.jpg  
    08-28-2013 05:17 AM
    I just picked up the Belkin Grip Candy at Target for my One. I'm really really liking it so far. The feel of the rubber is great in the hands! My tiny gripe about this case is the cut outs around the ports / power button seem to be bent in a way, making them not be snug against the device. Overall I would recommend this case in an instant.
    09-07-2013 02:48 AM
    Looking at the UAG case, but the images are a little conflicting. Doing a google image search for the case yields pics that show the case has a texture to the finish (which i like), while the stock photos from UAG are more of a semi-gloss. I've emailed UAG for an explanation, but so far no reply. Can anyone comment as to how their case is?
    09-30-2013 09:49 AM
    Looking at the UAG case, but the images are a little conflicting. Doing a google image search for the case yields pics that show the case has a texture to the finish (which i like), while the stock photos from UAG are more of a semi-gloss. I've emailed UAG for an explanation, but so far no reply. Can anyone comment as to how their case is?
    They don't have a texture at all. The top and bottom are tough and and feels like high-grade rubber. The back is more like a muted/mate tone and it's not glossy or semi-glossy at all. I wrote a review for this case in this thread if you want to see more pictures and comments.

The Outland and the White (I don't remember its UAG name) have a problems with photos taken with flash. The Aero or Scout doesn't have it.
    09-30-2013 12:12 PM
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this above, but if anyone is looking for a slimline case, having tried a number of them, I'm finding the Nillkin hard case to be absolutely brilliant - looks great, is slim, and is (importantly and where some others fall down) is hard wearing.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    09-30-2013 04:01 PM
    I have this case for my day-to-day usage - Amazon.com: Cimo Grip Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for HTC One (M7) - Frosted Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

And I just bought this battery case off of eBay for those once in a blue moons where I know I'm going to be draining the battery and will need the extra juice - HTC One M7 3800mAh External Backup Battery Power Bank w or w O Flip Case Cover | eBay
    09-30-2013 04:40 PM
    Using a black otterbox commuter case with my silver one. Looks great and is awesome protection for a phone.
    10-01-2013 05:37 AM
    Thanks. This is what i mean though.

shiny from uag website:

matte look from google images:

10-01-2013 02:57 PM

shiny from uag website:

http://images.mobilefun.co.uk/graphi...90/39590-1.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/7ebemaru.jpg

I have this case, it's more matte than shiny.
    10-02-2013 03:19 AM

shiny from uag website:

http://images.mobilefun.co.uk/graphi...90/39590-1.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/7ebemaru.jpg
    I was going to get one of these but it was a lot more expensive than a commuter so went with that instead.
    10-02-2013 04:03 AM
    Probably too late to comment since it looks like it may be going out of stock, but I just got this one yesterday: Amazon.com: JKase Premium Quality Ultra Slim Streamline Series TPU Protective Case Cover - Retail Packaging (HTC One (M7), Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I have the blue phone, and got the clear case. I'll have to get pics of it, but it looks really good. The left part of the back is frosted and looks good with the blue. I really like how the caase is clear, and not opaque like some I've seen. It fits well, and the rough edges are nice for gripping the phone. It's not a super thick case like an Otterbox, but I think it will provide ample protection, while keeping the phone from looking too bulky. The plastic has a perfect feel, not grippy and not slippery, so it's slides pretty easily in and out of my pocket.
    10-02-2013 07:23 AM
    I've looked on amazon but they only have the clear backing. Anyone know where I can get my hands on this case.
    Cases for the HTC One-61swug5za0l._sl1500_.jpg
    11-30-2013 10:54 PM
    I think Poetic doesn't have it anymore on their site itself..probably of the peeling issue that they stop selling it even after several revisions. Although in Amazon they still gave it on black/clear combo.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    11-30-2013 10:57 PM
    I've looked on amazon but they only have the clear backing. Anyone know where I can get my hands on this case.
    If i'm not mistaken, the case always had a clear backing. That pic just shows a black HTC One instead of the silver/white version. Also, that pic is of the older case design that covered the IR sensor on the power button. They modified it and sent new ones to customer who had the old design upon request. Lastly, the case never had a colored bezel around the camera despite advertising it in their early design photos like the above.

FWIW, I have some extra cases of the early version that covers the power button (they initially sent me two cases by mistake). I also have an extra of the one that doesn't cover the power button, but it has some edges that are peeling. I'm still using the replacement they sent me after I reported the edge peeling issue. If/when it starts peeling, I still only paid about $12 for what turned out to be 4 poorly made cases. For now, though, I'm still loving the case and how well it fits to the phone.
    12-03-2013 12:06 PM
    Please have a look at my thread below and advise, thank you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...mend-case.html
    03-07-2014 08:13 AM
    I have the Otterbox Commuter series case for my black HTC One. It looks and feels great. not to mention it has port covers to keep the dust out! Here's a white case on silver HTC. mine is black on my black HTC

Cases for the HTC One-otterbox_htc_one_commuter_series_case_glacier4-500x500.jpg
    03-08-2014 12:51 PM
    Flappy bird was working perfect for 2 weeks since i got the mobile but after that it became so laggy and i keep clearing the ram but no something changed ....other games are working well btw .... Any solutions PLEASE ??

03-08-2014 01:26 PM
1,071 ... 414243