04-07-2013 03:33 PM
31 12
tools
    What's everyone's fascination with off contact full price phones? Unless your with tmo...

Sent from my Note 2
    04-07-2013 03:10 PM
    You've never owned a mac but your opinion is your paying a premium for something that ain't as good but looks nice. What about a better operating system, ease of use, not having to wait 5 minutes to boot up, not having spend time money on antivirus software every year and still end up getting viruses. Spending an age finding files hidden all over the place. I've had windows based pcs/laptops for 10 years until I changed and I won't be going back anytime soon. Yes you can get more for your money very true. They ain't enhancing your life trust me, but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I feel like we're in agreement in everything but this. I've never owned a Mac before but at the very least I've used one. I'm not going to act like I'm an OS X expert with my very limited use of it, but for me the simplicity isn't a factor and doesn't the justify the price tag, when Windows isn't hard to use at all. I'm studying CIT so if I can use stuff like Linux, I had better be able to get an understanding of Windows and OS X. OS X being better is subjective, ease of use is not a problem at all (schools mostly use Windows computers so if a child can manage it's not a problem), my Windows 8 sleekbook loads up in seconds. I don't pay for virus protection, but when I did I never had an issue with viruses. And files are hidden for you protection but can easily be accessible if you read up on how to do it. I could see how this could be an inconvenience for some, but most users will never touch these type files. I was talking about iOS when saying about enhancing my experience, not OS X. And I meant the premium price tag mostly goes towards aesthetics because you could buy or build a PC with specs similar to any Apple computer at cheaper price.

But it's good we have choices in both computers and phones.
    04-07-2013 03:10 PM
    What's everyone's fascination with off contact full price phones? Unless your with tmo...

Sent from my Note 2
    I wondered this too. I thought it was because a lot of people were going to T-Mobile like me, *shrugs*

But I think a lot of it has to do with no one wanting to wait for the carrier to push out updates and would rather get it from HTC.
    04-07-2013 03:16 PM
    I feel like we're in agreement in everything but this. I've never owned a Mac before but at the very least I've used one. I'm not going to act like I'm an OS X expert with my very limited use of it, but for me the simplicity isn't a factor and doesn't the justify the price tag, when Windows isn't hard to use at all. I'm studying CIT so if I can use stuff like Linux, I had better be able to get an understanding of Windows and OS X. OS X being better is subjective, ease of use is not a problem at all (schools mostly use Windows computers so if a child can manage it's not a problem), my Windows 8 sleekbook loads up in seconds. I don't pay for virus protection, but when I did I never had an issue with viruses. And files are hidden for you protection but can easily be accessible if you read up on how to do it. I could see how this could be an inconvenience for some, but most users will never touch these type files. I was talking about iOS when saying about enhancing my experience, not OS X. And I meant the premium price tag mostly goes towards aesthetics because you could buy or build a PC with specs similar to any Apple computer at cheaper price.

But it's good we have choices in both computers and phones.
    Fair comments
    04-07-2013 03:18 PM

Sent from my Note 2
    Mid contract and don't want to add two years to their plan...paying $649 now is always a better choice instead of the lock down two year agreement with a down. I'd rather have an unlocked phone then a carrier branded phone and it seems like others do as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-07-2013 03:20 PM

Sent from my Note 2
    I'm a prepaid user now so full contract price for me. I was only responding to the comments earlier about how 649 is overpriced. I just pointed out that relatively speaking to other high end devices 649 is actually pretty good. Would we like cheaper? Of course but the price is bad for 64gb of storage. Also that the unlocked is 579 for 32gb. We would all be hard pressed to find a new high end device under 600 off contract.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    04-07-2013 03:33 PM
31 12