htc one

mancuk29

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
It's awesome isn't it (my experience is being slightly tarnished as I'm waiting for my 3rd handset 1st had camera problems 2nd has screen bleed issue)

Apart from that it's awesome and nothing like it in the world

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome isn't it (my experience is being slightly tarnished as I'm waiting for my 3rd handset 1st had camera problems 2nd has screen bleed issue)

Apart from that it's awesome and nothing like it in the world

Hopefully that's not the trend. Htc can't afford it and it would be a real shame to see a phone as nice as this be plagued by quality issues. I went through about a half dozen evos before I gave up

Sent from my Note 2

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
How are the included headphones? I am assuming that they are crap but since my last HTC phone didn't come with any and the ones I have been using are from my Pre, I am just wondering what those who have the phone feel about the headphones

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully that's not the trend. Htc can't afford it and it would be a real shame to see a phone as nice as this be plagued by quality issues. I went through about a half dozen evos before I gave up

Sent from my Note 2

I've had a similar issue my my DNA (my first HTC phone), but it may be due to the refurbishment company and not actually HTC. I hope for HTC's sake that beyond having good sales, it can keep its quality standards at a reasonable level for this device in particular.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm still reading evaluations and I'm on reading lots of threads here from owners of the one before I pull the trigger because I also want to make sure I get a good, reliable unit and with good build quality that will last me at least 18 months.

This phone is so beautiful and full of features (IR remote being the feature that has me ticking), and the special developer edition of a whopping 64GB via HTC for $649 is a steal but I still have to make sure it is merited paying for this toy.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm still reading evaluations and I'm on reading lots of threads here from owners of the one before I pull the trigger because I also want to make sure I get a good, reliable unit and with good build quality that will last me at least 18 months.

This phone is so beautiful and full of features (IR remote being the feature that has me ticking), and the special developer edition of a whopping 64GB via HTC for $649 is a steal but I still have to make sure it is merited paying for this toy.

A steal to pay $649 to get 64gb of memory? I guess we define steal a little differently

Sent from my Note 2

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I meant to say that it comes factory unlocked and that bootloader stuff come S-off too out of the box (like we jailbreak out iPhones) and on top of that, it has all these features (including the IR remote blaster, not that many people are paying attention to this feature). Compare that price to a current 64GB iPhone 5.

ScooterG

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
A steal to pay $649 to get 64gb of memory? I guess we define steal a little differently

Sent from my Note 2

How much is a contract free GN2, unlocked, unbranded, bloat free with a class 10 64gb card?

I have a GN2 by the way...not trying to knock it as it's a great device...just curious to the reasoning behind people thinking the Dev edition of the One is a bad deal.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Note 2

An iPhone 64gb is $800. So relatively speaking, this is a steal. I'm pretty sure the galaxy s4 off contract will be at least $600 for 16gb. Just like last year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I meant to say that it comes factory unlocked and that bootloader stuff come S-off too out of the box (like we jailbreak out iPhones) and on top of that, it has all these features (including the IR remote blaster, not that many people are paying attention to this feature). Compare that price to a current 64GB iPhone 5.

Not trying to start an argument here about manufacturers but my mind went to Samsung and in your case the S4. You can easily get 64gb plus with an sd card, it has an ir blaster (I like this feature as well), and with the popularity of the phone you should never have an issue rooting.

But if you are happy with the one then I hope you enjoy it and it's money well spent. The phone definitely shows a lot of promise and is a big step forward for htc.

Sent from my Note 2

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
How much is a contract free GN2, unlocked, unbranded, bloat free with a class 10 64gb card?

I have a GN2 by the way...not trying to knock it as it's a great device...just curious to the reasoning behind people thinking the Dev edition of the One is a bad deal.

The cheapest on Amazon is $565, brand new. Throw in a 64GB SD and you're looking at a total of 80GB for $620.

But I think the Dev edition is a good deal as well, but only because it'll be cheaper unlocked than other phones with the same amount of memory. If someone like me were looking at buying it though it'd be a waste of money. Only because I don't need 64GB and I could unlock the bootloader myself if I wanted to. That, and because I want the damn black version :'(

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
An iPhone 64gb is $800. So relatively speaking, this is a steal. I'm pretty sure the galaxy s4 off contract will be at least $600 for 16gb. Just like last year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Comparing Apple prices is ridiculous. They overcharge for everything. Compare similar PC's, Laptops, and Tablets, you usually can get a better spec'd device for cheaper than what Apple charges. Charging $100 for every bump in memory for the iphone is ridiculous itself. Basically you are paying for design, but for me, I prefer function over form.

Anyway here I think the price for the dev One is not overpriced, on Sprints site they have the 32GB for $549 off contract, so $649 for a completely unlocked one is not terrible. But it is priced at the high end. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a phone no matter how good they say it is. But a steal, in my opinion no. The pricing of the Nexus 4 is a steal, but that is Google eating the difference. Kinda like the old razor scheme. Give them the razor, then we will make a killing selling the blades. In that case the Nexus 4 is the razor, and the search, and location data are the blades.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Comparing Apple prices is ridiculous. They overcharge for everything. Compare similar PC's, Laptops, and Tablets, you usually can get a better spec'd device for cheaper than what Apple charges. Charging $100 for every bump in memory for the iphone is ridiculous itself. Basically you are paying for design, but for me, I prefer function over form.
This concept is so untrue. If apple was overcharging then they wouldn't be selling any products, it's simple supply and demand. And apple sells a crap ton of products.

With apple gear you're paying for better hardware design, better integration of hardware and software and, most importantly, the ability to run operating systems from Apple. If those things aren't valuable to you, then don't buy Apple products, but don't claim they're overpriced because that's simply inaccurate.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
This concept is so untrue. If apple was overcharging then they wouldn't be selling any products, it's simple supply and demand. And apple sells a crap ton of products.

With apple gear you're paying for better hardware design, better integration of hardware and software and, most importantly, the ability to run operating systems from Apple. If those things aren't valuable to you, then don't buy Apple products, but don't claim they're overpriced because that's simply inaccurate.

You also get really good service and retail stores that can help and exchange products for you on the spot.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
For a lot of people, that counts for a lot. Just saying...

It's a shame that Apple and Android folks are so polarized.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Apple/Android people, I've owned both platforms at one point in time. I'm in the camp that finds some of Apple's hardware overpriced, simply because when looking at the competition you're more than likely to find a product that bests it without the same premium price tag. Apple's price point is only justifiable if you take aesthetics into equal consideration with function, all you're mostly paying for is the look of the product. But for the steep price point you get excellent care. That's all.

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll give Apple that much, their customer support is outstanding. That's all though.

Amazing all the people that knock apple saying things like this. So the only thing that's good about apple is their customer support! LOL

I've just moved from an iphone 4s (last week) to what has been touted by alot of reviewers as the best Android phone to date, a htc one. Now the phone is fantastic (apart from a possible battery issue) but I'm not won over with Android as yet. First problem I come across which is never mentioned anywhere is video sharing. File mb limits using WhatsApp, email, etc has made this near impossible to share an 11 second video recorded on the htc one. It can't be shared easy without uploading it somewhere and then sharing a link which is such a round the houses way of doing things. Compressing video on the fly ain't supported by Android. The path app (which I use alot) for Android disappointingly don't even have an option to choose video to share when it does on iPhone.

Battery drain.... You have to close/shutdown apps all the time to save battery drain. Turn off gps, turn off syncing etc to get a full day of your battery. I never had to do any of this on my iPhone.

Apps.... Every app I've compared on both devices runs smoother has more features and looks better optimised on iOS.
Notifications and ecosystem way better on ios

I've got nfc on this phone and I can't use it for anything useful in the UK! Another disappointment.

So I can't understand the slating on the apple front! They control the software and the hardware to ultimately give the user a better experience and that's part of the package.

Don't get me wrong before everyone starts shooting me down, there is alot I like about Android ie sharing options, customisation, widgets, live wallpapers, to choose quality of youtube videos over 3g etc etc. But there seems to be a trade off and it's normally battery or performance related.

After a week of having the HTC one I should be thinking yea I made the right move, obviously a better phone with an awesome screen. But functionality on a day to day I'm still unsure.