Screen protector or not?

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No case, no screen protector. I bought this phone for the look and feel, don't wanna compromise :D

I've got accident insurance for drops and metal won't scratch gorilla glass, it's harder minerals like sand etc that give minor scratches,

I just like the feel of glass, plastic won't do :cool:

Sent from my HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
i bought the Ultra Crystal Clear one, wish i had seen that one before i bought mine. Is it really that much better? I might just try to return it and buy the one you mentioned.

If by Ultra Crystal Clear you mean Steinheil screen protectors than I think you'll like it alot. My favorite by far

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

eddieruiz01

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
If by Ultra Crystal Clear you mean Steinheil screen protectors than I think you'll like it alot. My favorite by far

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Oh yeah you are right, lol I thought it was the same brand as the spigen but it is Steinheil. Thanks.

StaticBliss

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
i really cant tell the difference between a good screen protector and the regular screen without it, so why not?

having a case is a whole different story. really detracts from the aesthetics of the device. i think i'd rather have insurance than use a case (you can argue that saving money on a case by not getting one would go towards the cost of insurance anyway), at least for a beautiful phone like this one. also the fact that if anything breaks including the screen you have to replace the whole phone anyways. i hate insurance but i kinda see it as mandatory for this phone in particular.

still... even with insurance i think a simple screen protector is worth it. i dont think they will like you trying to replace the phone for a scratch, and i wouldnt want to bother anyways, so why not have it?

for anyone arguing it ruins the visibility or the user experience... maybe you bought really horrible screen protectors in the past as again i really cant tell the difference without looking very closely for the slight seams on the sides past the edge of the lcd

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ive been carrying my S2 (actually a Sprint Epic 4G Touch) around in my pocket with keys for about eighteen months now. Still have a perfrct screen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This is pretty much my experience with the AT&T S2. The only two scratches on my screen are from my bike mount failing at 20 mph and having the phone slide down the street on its face for several feet. And those scratches are only 1/4" long.

Coworkers with GS3 and other phones with Gorilla Glass 2 seem to have (lots) more screen blemishes. My anecdotal experience is that OG Gorilla Glass seems to be better in this regard.

From my SGS2 with Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365596822566.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365596822566.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 15

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors detract from the visual interface IMHO. I don't use them. Just keep your keys in another pocket and you'll be fine.

Heard of spigen sgp friend? I use one for my evo lte and had one one of my note 2. I used the ultra crystal and neither deteriorated the display quality.
Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Heard of spigen sgp friend? I use one for my evo lte and had one one of my note 2. I used the ultra crystal and neither deteriorated the display quality.
I haven't used one in a while so it's completely possible they've gotten better. In the past I've been disappointed with the way they impaired the visual interface as well as how they changed the feel of a glass screen. I also just don't see the need. My iPhone 4s has no scratches on it after close to 2 years.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used one in a while so it's completely possible they've gotten better. In the past I've been disappointed with the way they impaired the visual interface as well as how they changed the feel of a glass screen. I also just don't see the need. My iPhone 4s has no scratches on it after close to 2 years.

I don't use them either but the glass ones they have now are pretty nice and blow away the old dull bubbly ones of the past

Sent from my Note 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I never heard of them untill i was searching for an alternative to the zagg hd one for the note 2 because it was utter crap. The zagg hd for the n2 let so much haze on the display. The spigen ultra crystal is impeccable compared to the zagg hd. I had both, but the spigen wont hands down. I was a complete zagg fanboy but then the n2 zagg protector disappointed me and i found spigen. Very very impressed with spigen.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector for me, Gorilla Glass gets it done. On the other hand though, I'll get a case of some sort for when I'm travelling that seems to be the only time I ever seem to damage my phone with drops.

kinz7865

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The only annoying this is the protectors are squares, no cut outs or anything, may be a bit hard to tell which end is which! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante