Screen protector or not?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my HTC one from Sprint telesales and they asked me if I wanted them to put the screen protector on before they ship it for 9.99 . I didn't do this and I usually don't like screen protectors on my phone's..do you use one of did anyone order it on the phone?

Sent from my amazing HTC ONE Quietly brilliant!

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't order one from Sprint but I did order a Skinomi protector off of ebay. Gorilla glass can still get scratched. Had a Zagg shield on my 3D and had to get it replaced through Asurion for a bad speaker, was without a screen protector for about 2 days and ended up with micro scratches all over the screen.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered my HTC one from Sprint telesales and they asked me if I wanted them to put the screen protector on before they ship it for 9.99 . I didn't do this and I usually don't like screen protectors on my phone's..do you use one of did anyone order it on the phone?

Sent from my amazing HTC ONE Quietly brilliant!

I have had my EVO 3D dancing around in my pockets and accidently hitting my keys for a year and i can say my screen looks about the exact same as when i bought it.. I assume the next generation gorilla glass on the One would be even better

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had my EVO 3D dancing around in my pockets and accidently hitting my keys for a year and i can say my screen looks about the exact same as when i bought it.. I assume the next generation gorilla glass on the One would be even better

You are either lucky or I am just unlucky. The micro scratches on mine weren't visible with the screen on but made it look like crap when it was off.

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I recommend buying a tempered glass screen protector.. i've seen many of my friends drop their phones face down on the ground and the screen never crack.. just the glass screen protector

I think Spigen has one up for pre-order on Amazon.. ships April 10th i think

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Screen protectors detract from the visual interface IMHO. I don't use them. Just keep your keys in another pocket and you'll be fine.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors detract from the visual interface IMHO. I don't use them. Just keep your keys in another pocket and you'll be fine.

Keys won't scratch a screen but I still always carry them in a different pocket.

And I'm the same way. Never used a screen protector, but if I did I would go with tempered glass

Sent from my Note 2

kinetic758

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried looking for a screen protector on the sprint website when I preordered it last night and couldn't find anything. Strange...so they will actually open the box for your phone and put the screen protector on for you? I would pass on that.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used a screen protector on previous phones but decided against it on my Evo LTE. I keep it in a pocket by itself and it has 0 scratches on it. I definitely prefer my phones withOUT a screen protector now.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I always use invisibleSHIELD and am considering just using a full body instead if getting a case.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its funny, I know everyone swears by Gorilla Glass and its supposed to be great, but there is always that chance that something scratches it and then you are stuck with big fat reminder of how for $3 you could have prevented it. Cover that screen and never wonder again :)

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I recommend buying a tempered glass screen protector.. i've seen many of my friends drop their phones face down on the ground and the screen never crack.. just the glass screen protector

you can order it directly from spigen for the same price

HTC One Screen Protector GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered Glass | SPIGEN SGP

i read that people are having problems with the capacitive buttons working with it installed though

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Its funny, I know everyone swears by Gorilla Glass and its supposed to be great, but there is always that chance that something scratches it and then you are stuck with big fat reminder of how for $3 you could have prevented it. Cover that screen and never wonder again :)
True, but the screen protector takes away from e user experience. In so e cases, more than a couple little scratches.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Ive been carrying my S2 (actually a Sprint Epic 4G Touch) around in my pocket with keys for about eighteen months now. Still have a perfrct screen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
you can order it directly from spigen for the same price

HTC One Screen Protector GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered Glass | SPIGEN SGP

i read that people are having problems with the capacitive buttons working with it installed though

I think it is cute that they have a big 100% satisfaction gurantee plastered on the product page, but if you go to the "our policy" page it sure doesn't look like what I would expect from a 100% satisfaction gurantee.

Looks like bull actually.

Last edited:

eddieruiz01

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

i bought the Ultra Crystal Clear one, wish i had seen that one before i bought mine. Is it really that much better? I might just try to return it and buy the one you mentioned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke