One vs. Nexus 4?

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 4 that I am generally happy with. I wish it had a better camera but otherwise the phone has been good. I'm contemplating selling the Nexus and getting the One...primarily because I love the hardware and I am hopeful that the camera will be better for my purposes (mainly catching pics of my 2 young boys that are constantly running around).

My main concern with giving up the Nexus is that I will regret it once I see what Key Lime Pie is going to bring to Android but at the same time, if a Nexus 5 comes out in the fall and Google sticks with their pricing structure, I'm sure i could sell the One and go back to a Nexus if I really wanted to.

Anyone else that has a Nexus thinking about getting the One? What are your main thoughts comparing the 2 phones?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I thought about it but it will never get updates and I really Dont like HTC sense skin. The camera on the nexus 4 isn't terrible and takes decent photos. The fact that I'd probably never see key lime pie or future Android updates would just suck. I'd honestly just wait to see if they announce a new Nexus phone during Google I/O 2013 or if they make any improvements to the camera software with key lime pie.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I thought about it but it will never get updates and I really Dont like HTC sense skin. The camera on the nexus 4 isn't terrible and takes decent photos. The fact that I'd probably never see key lime pie or future Android updates would just suck. I'd honestly just wait to see if they announce a new Nexus phone during Google I/O 2013 or if they make any improvements to the camera software with key lime pie.

I've played with non Google phones here and there, after having a pure Android experience since the Nexus 4 launch I don't want to go back to something else like touch wiz or sense.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving up mine for the one. Mostly because I haven't been able to get a HTC device in a long time that didn't have compromises since I was with Verizon. Tried the rezound and thunderbolt bolt but hated the form factor. My last good one was the EVO when it first came out. Now I can get one and choose what I want in terms of unlocked, storage size, unlocked bootloader etc now that im on prepaid. So for me its being able to catch back up with HTC. And if I don't like it, I can always go back and get a nexus.

I really got the nexus because it gave me the flexibility to use with any GSM carrier since I broke free from Verizon. Now the one gives me that opportunity. But again, if I prefer the nexus, I'll just go back.

Last edited:

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Do what i'm doing.. Keep the Nexus 4 (actually I even still have mywhite GNex) for undates/backup and get the One. The ONE is a much better phone. I don't care how much people on her argue with me when I say this but the Nexus 4 is overrated.

ScooterG

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't get rid of the Nexus 4 with KLP this close. Go with both if you can....maybe rent one of the kids out for cleaning gutters?

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't get rid of the Nexus 4 with KLP this close. Go with both if you can....maybe rent one of the kids out for cleaning gutters?

Ha ha. Maybe I can get my 4 year old out mowing lawns this summer. ;) Actually, that is my concern with selling the Nexus now. I would hate to sell it and then find out next month that KLP has some great feature that I would want.

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I am keeping both as well since I have an upgrade on at&t. If u can't do both I would hold off until KLP is announced.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I may keep both, but I'm definitely getting the One. I might keep the N4 until Google IO and see what the new OS is all about.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping my Nexus 4 and getting my girlfriend the HTC One off contract. I love my Nexus 4 and I have had a great experience with it. If they announce a Motorola Nexus device I'll be buying that to have along with my Nexus 4.

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've decided to hold off until Google I/O to see what Key Lime Pie will have. I would be buying the One off contract so if I decide to get that I'd prefer to sell the N4 to recoup some of the cost.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna try to keep my Nexus but if I get the One off contract I may be forced to sell it. The wife has a Nexus 7 so I can always check out the new update on that.