Anandtech gives HTC One an Editors Choice Gold Award

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a fabulous, in-depth review. Best I've ever seen. If anyone is on the fence for this phone, that review summed it up : Get this phone.

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Anandtech is a fabulous site. Extremely thorough reviews and incredibly educational. Sort of like the APK teardowns that another Android site does. We're lucky to have such good information in a day and age when headlines and talking points are regurgitated without regard to their accuracy and opinions are all too often passed off as news.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
After reading his review I couldn't resist any longer, and just preordered a Sprint model. That $100 port-in discount was too good to pass up. THE phone of the year, with a base storage of 32GB, for only $99. Oh yeah.

LegendaryDrumr

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
To think I already wanted this phone before I read this review. I've never checked out AnandTech until now, but they have been bookmarked in Chrome Beta. I was only ever on the fence about sense 5, but for a week now, it's been butter smooth on my EVOLTE and I can't see myself running another sense 4+ Rom. That review was freaking epic. I cannot wait for this phone.

Sent from my EVOLTE using Android Central Forums

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Anandtech gives in-depth reviews like this on every single phone they review. And after reading it, I feel like there was some room to be a little bit less transparent and little bit more unbiased. but it's obvious to anyone that this is a good phone. But to say you're taking it over unreleased contenders regardless, without taking in every nuance just as you did for this phone sort of dampers it all and feels like he may have let his inner fanboy come loose, if not for just that one line. I'll wait for more reviews on the One and other unreleased phones and make a decision, but I am liking this phone.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That isn't a review, it's a dissertation. That could be used to get a Ph.D. Amazing. Major props to his hard work.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
2 hours?? OK, where is this 2 hour read/video???
Xsie,
Either you are a speed reader or you missed the drop down menu under the first page of the review. There are 17 pages altogether. edit: Okay, now I see you are on a tablet--sometimes they are formatted differently. I miss a lot on mine too.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Great review . Good to see the speakers, screen, build, and camera discussed throughly. Those are the features I want it for, but, a little more waiting...

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Anandtech gives in-depth reviews like this on every single phone they review. And after reading it, I feel like there was some room to be a little bit less transparent and little bit more unbiased. but it's obvious to anyone that this is a good phone. But to say you're taking it over unreleased contenders regardless, without taking in every nuance just as you did for this phone sort of dampers it all and feels like he may have let his inner fanboy come loose, if not for just that one line. I'll wait for more reviews on the One and other unreleased phones and make a decision, but I am liking this phone.

Read the sections about build quality and cameras. That should answer your question why the S4 won't be in his pocket anytime soon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Read the sections about build quality and cameras. That should answer your question why the S4 won't be in his pocket anytime soon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

In case I wasn't clear before, I've already read it. I waited to post my thoughts on it upon reading it. You might be okay with it because it justifies your purchase, but that statement completely challenges the validity of a review or follow up comparison of a phone that this reviewer manages to do in the future, which is what I care more about instead of some pissing contest between brands. I typically like to read reviews from reviewers who do just enough yet avoid letting their preferences take over the review, then draw my conclusions from theirs. At certain points this was too much, almost as if he achieved elysium itself. I know Anandtech has a very skilled way of writing and I know this phone is phenomenal and probably matches up with some of his assertion just from reading hands-on testimonials and things of the such from people who already have it, but there's no doubt in my mind that Brian Klug could've done without some of the hyperbole that is present in this body of work. I understand when writing out 17 pages on a single device that there's more than enough times for a slight bias to rear its head here and there, but when it shows it shows in this, seemingly a lot more than in other reviews. Maybe the phone is that great and he's never gushed over a product like it, I wouldn't know as I haven't held one. But there doesn't appear to be any attempt in neutrality from Mr. Klug in the near future. And from reading the reaction around other Android forums, a few have come across with the same feelings as I did, so I'm not the only one.

Also, the Galaxy S4 isn't the only device that's being released from "contenders" this year. Look at the position that blanket statements can put you in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis