Google Wallet on unlocked HTC One

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see that this had been asked, yet.
Does anyone think Google Wallet will work on the unlocked HTC One? I don't use GW all the time, but it does come in handy. It is far from a deal breaker if it doesn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely, if you have Sprint. T-Mobile and AT&T for whatever reason block it, or at least make it very difficult to use. If you're on one of these carriers you'll have to settle for the ISIS wallet.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It should work just fine on att. They only block installation of it on locked devices. They have no power over your unlocked phone you buy from htc. I never had a problem using google wallet on my nexus 4 or galaxy nexus that were unlocked using it on att.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It will work. They can only block AT&T devices and, even though they sell the HTC One, yours would be unlocked so it wouldn't be blocked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I guess I stand corrected. Does anyone know why AT&T and T-Mobile don't allow for GW on their phones? I believe the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon could run it, so it looks like it's just the GSM carriers.

Subho S

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile , AT&T and VZW spawned a Google Wallet competitor called ISIS which offers more moolah to them. Hence they shafted you and me and everyone else on their network with ISIS. I doubt that ISIS will ever become succesfull with one after another missed deadline for launch. Google Wallet launched 2 years ago and ISIS is still in pilot in only two markets Austin and Salt Lake City ....go figure :p ????

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile , AT&T and VZW spawned a Google Wallet competitor called ISIS which offers more moolah to them. Hence they shafted you and me and everyone else on their network with ISIS. I doubt that ISIS will ever become succesfull with one after another missed deadline for launch. Google Wallet launched 2 years ago and ISIS is still in pilot in only two markets Austin and Salt Lake City ....go figure :p ????

And ISIS only available in those two cities suck. At least if you're going to block us from Google Wallet at least offer ISIS in some other major cities

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7

skizzoid

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't answer your question about the unlocked model, but I can confirm that the T-Mobile version of the One doesn't work with Google Wallet at all (out of the box). I can install the app, but I just get an error message that it isn't compatible with my device/network.

Calvin Smith

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got developer 64gb HTC One and google wallet is not working. Tried to install by sending it to device from google plalystore online. says not compatible with my device. tried using nexus 7 to send link via NFC also says not compatible. I thought I would be able to install it since its not locked to ATT, also I did this before I put sim card in so it would not detect att network.

Last edited:

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It should work just fine on att. They only block installation of it on locked devices. They have no power over your unlocked phone you buy from htc. I never had a problem using google wallet on my nexus 4 or galaxy nexus that were unlocked using it on att.

It will work. They can only block AT&T devices and, even though they sell the HTC One, yours would be unlocked so it wouldn't be blocked.
Incorrect, it will not run on my unlocked DE on AT&T. Error message saying my device or network doesn't support the app.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Incorrect, it will not run on my unlocked DE on AT&T. Error message saying my device or network doesn't support the app.

Install Xplode and run modaco's module for the One.. I have google wallet running just fine on my ATT version. That's really ****ty though that it's blocked by default even on an unlocked phone running on their network. I'm curious though if ATT is actively blocking it, or if the phone is just not supported by google wallet by default. The modaco hack just bypasses that.

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Install Xplode and run modaco's module for the One.. I have google wallet running just fine on my ATT version. That's really ****ty though that it's blocked by default even on an unlocked phone running on their network. I'm curious though if ATT is actively blocking it, or if the phone is just not supported by google wallet by default. The modaco hack just bypasses that.

where can i find Xplode?

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Wallet is incompatible because it's being blocked. I think it's incompatible because it isn't a supported device yet.

nishwanth

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't work unfortunately.... I checked WalletFAQ page too. They clearly mentioned it won't work on unlocked de ices too except Nexus I guess...

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
From google

"Hello David,

Thanks for your interest in Google Wallet.. I understand that you would like to use Google Wallet on your HTC One.

The Google Wallet app can be used with eligible Android devices running the Android operating system 2.3.7 and higher.

You can find the list of devices Google Wallet is currently available on here:
http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347934

At this time, Google Wallet does not support devices purchased internationally. The eligible device list above only applies to devices purchased from the listed carriers next them. For example, an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 purchased internationally will not work with Google Wallet.

Google is in active conversations with all carriers and hopes to make Google Wallet available on more devices, and across more carriers soon.

If you have any additional questions, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

John
The Google Wallet Team"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781