HTC One pre-orders being cancelled by HTC USA

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow. That's crazy. I'm also sure HTC or other companies don't know the ins and outs of letstalk or wirefly systems.

I would say quite the opposite. I'm sure they have a team that knows the types of companies and a decent amount of the workings within. I know my multimillion dollar company would know these things.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would say quite the opposite. I'm sure they have a team that knows the types of companies and a decent amount of the workings within. I know my multimillion dollar company would know these things.

Yeah I would hope so but it appears letstalk doesn't even know lol. Or else why would they even allow people to order like that if it will fail. I just think of the company handling the orders can goof then the company who's not may not be aware either. I don't think these companies know as much about each other as we would like to think. That's like saying letstalk should know everything about whoever they use to ship the phones and I highly doubt that. They know they put orders through and desired results but not if UPS messes up something and doesn't communicate it.

Last edited:

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My order is placed ! Placed around 3 pm EST and its still on Ready for Fulfillment. I ordered the 32gb one though unlocked.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree but it seems to be a bit different. I don't think people buy devices straight from Samsung in the US so they don't have to worry much about this because we go to our carriers or other 3rd party. Looks like HTC should have kept it the same or let these 3rd parties facilitate the entire process so it wouldn't look as bad as them. Just a question, does everything have to refer to Samsung or apple? I'm just wondering because one can argue that Samsung key to success was to copy apple but that's a different story for a different time.

It's a whole different story. Samsung made chips and hardware for Apple and Apple patented the technology. What about Apple using Motorola patented technology and its all over the web. I support Samsung because it can make good high quality phones. Unlike Apple they can make high quality phones they add better features and processors every time. Apple just gives each iPhone a 200 MHz proccesor boost for each new iPhone they make.

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's a whole different story. Samsung made chips and hardware for Apple and Apple patented the technology. What about Apple using Motorola patented technology and its all over the web.

I don't care about either for the purposes of this thread actually. Its just the notion that somehow letstalk is jacking up orders that HTC doesn't have good partnerships. The phone isn't released so there's still time for both to correct. Again, I don't want to talk about Samsung because I don't know what they have to do with anything. None of us here know anything about their partnership agreements and supply chain management. So I won't jump on a tangent about partnerships dictating success when especially when Samsung isn't selling their devices directly. Good thoughts but I really don't care. And by your handle I can are where your head is. I have no allegiance to any or these companies so I prefer to not go back and forth with fanboys because I don't wear the rose color glasses they do. Thanks anyway.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After clearing up my shipping address, LetsTalk updated my T-Mobile preorder to "back ordered." :-\ Guess I get to wait and see what happens next. I also noticed Best Buy killed the links to their T-Mobile preorder from their main HTC One landing page (although a direct link to the T-Mobile version preorder, if you can find it, seems to still work).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
After clearing up my shipping address, LetsTalk updated my T-Mobile preorder to "back ordered." :-\ Guess I get to wait and see what happens next. I also noticed Best Buy killed the links to their T-Mobile preorder from their main HTC One landing page (although a direct link to the T-Mobile version preorder, if you can find it, seems to still work).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think most are showing as backordered now. Both of mine are and several others in another thread. I think they did this until they actually get the device in stock and not have to keep having the date changed. We will probably see the most accurate info between the end of this week and next week.

PostScriptum

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I was right - the order was cancelled because it was placed from an international IP address. Unfortunately I realized it too late and the device is out of stock now =((

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd be careful. I had an order that I placed and was automatically canceled by them. I placed a second order. Called to confirm the first one was really canceled and they said yes. 3 days later I called to cancel the second order so I would get ZERO phones from them and just today I got shipping notification from UPS that the first order which they automatically canceled upon order placement had been shipped. I rechecked the order number for the first order which had previously shown as canceled and it says it shipped today. Called my credit card and I was billed for it. This is seriously F**king shady.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513