Best Buy pre order help!

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So i was speaking to a best buy chat rep online a bit earlier today. I am on a plan with my father from sprint as it is cheaper for me that way! Now i talked to sprint and if i upgraded with them i could go in to the store, give them the acct password and sign the contract if they gave the account holder a call to approve it. Now with best buy they told me the account holder has to be there and has to sign the contract. From any of your experiences is this true? Seems like it might become a hassle for me. And also, if i were to pre order with sprint online, how do you go about signing the contract? I may be sticking to best buy but i wouldnt like to have to wait a few extra days because my account holder is not available to pick up the phone..

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're an authorized user then it shouldn't be an issue and you would just need your ID. But a phone call doesn't sound too imposing.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're an authorized user then it shouldn't be an issue and you would just need your ID. But a phone call doesn't sound too imposing.

Thats what i was thinking. Ill give the store a call later today

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
online is a lot easier. you would just breeze through the Sprint site checking off a few boxes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
online is a lot easier. you would just breeze through the Sprint site checking off a few boxes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

See i was thinking about switching... but at best buy i already put my $50 down so im pretty sure they cant refund my gift card, which is okay i guess. Plus ordering from sprint would give me an earlier delivery, EXCEPT i was leaning towards using best buy for insurance and if im not mistaken you have to buy the phone there, right?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
See i was thinking about switching... but at best buy i already put my $50 down so im pretty sure they cant refund my gift card, which is okay i guess. Plus ordering from sprint would give me an earlier delivery, EXCEPT i was leaning towards using best buy for insurance and if im not mistaken you have to buy the phone there, right?

Yes you do.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes you do.

Yeah so i most likely wouldnt be getting my $50 deposit back in the form of any money besides a gift card, which i guess is fine but i would really like to take advantage of their insurance.. damn best buy

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for the black 64 on Sprint. Anyone know when the black version should hit?

Nobody is sure on when black will arrive due to the quality issues, but unfortunately 64GB One is an AT&T Exclusive. No 64GB for Sprint.

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Just get your Father to call Sprint (you both may need to go to a Sprint store) and add you as an authorized user on the account.