Using Swype on HTC one

dazjb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody managed to get this working on the HTC one?

I've downloaded the installer and installed it. It shows as 'On' in the settings but when I use the keyboard anywhere the standard HTC one pops up :confused:

I know the One had trace typing but I prefer Swype, just can't figure out how to get it to work.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a One, but try this: once the keyboard is up, look at the notification bar. If there is a keyboard logo, go ahead and pull down the notification tray and select it. A popup list of your keyboards should show up. Select swype and enjoy.

dazjb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Cheers, I've already tried SwiftKey on my GS3 but still liked Skype better .. bit gutted it doesn't work :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Ivan Ethan Loh

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I went to SETTINGS / POWER / USAGE DETAILS / HTC SENSE INPUT and Forced Stop it. (Long Hold and then select FORCE STOP)

After that, I immediately went to whatsapp to bring out a keyboard and I could then select Swype from the default keyboard :)

Try it!

(I believe there are other ways to FORCE STOP the keyboard like by going into Apps)

dazjb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a One, but try this: once the keyboard is up, look at the notification bar. If there is a keyboard logo, go ahead and pull down the notification tray and select it. A popup list of your keyboards should show up. Select swype and enjoy.

Bang on the money ;) ... you have to select it from the notification bar once you are typing in a text box. Swype now enabled :D

To be fair the trace keyboard on the One is pretty good but Swype is better.

Cheers for the replies

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to hear y'all got it working. Swype is all I use. Surprised it wasn't on the phone out of the box.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup got it working here too. Although the stock isn't so bad either.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Ruff4life

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Perfect Answer. Don't need beta cuz generic app works. Thanks for proper answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect answer Thanks

Texano78704

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I went to SETTINGS / POWER / USAGE DETAILS / HTC SENSE INPUT and Forced Stop it. (Long Hold and then select FORCE STOP)

After that, I immediately went to whatsapp to bring out a keyboard and I could then select Swype from the default keyboard :)

Try it!

(I believe there are other ways to FORCE STOP the keyboard like by going into Apps)

I tried this, but it didn't let me switch to the Swype keyboard. Also, my unlock screen looks different, even after a reboot.

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site

this is the solution. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually digging the native trace function on the one

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums