1080 Vs 720

XavierMatt

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday I went into ATT to look at the ONE which is by far the most stunning device I've ever held. What was not so stunning however was the display. Yes it's sharp and so clear but I did not really see a major difference between 1080 vs my GS3 720P display. There was a bit of a difference because it looked really sharp but I believe that's due to it being LCD and not pentile.

Does anyone else really see the difference?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty surprised to hear that. I hated the S3's display -- almost as much as the Galaxy Nexus -- and when I had the DNA, it was worlds better. I'd imagine the ONE shows a bigger difference.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I find the screen of my One X to be better than my Note 2 and the GS3. Hence the screen of the ONE is waaaayyy better.

Sent From My Note 2.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah i think he needs his eyes checked,i have a DNA and when i purchased it in store i could see the difference from 10 feet away while watching movies on the DNA and note2 on display,i agree the s3 and note 2 screen is definitely a strike against Samsung,but like i said it comes down to your needs not who has certain strengths and weaknesses .

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys, hes obviously trolling... The HTC One screen looks so much better then the S3! I saw it yesterday and while i wasnt conciously paying alot of attention to screen quality because i was too excited, it did look super sexy when i opened up the browser

ljx718

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys, hes obviously trolling... The HTC One screen looks so much better then the S3! I saw it yesterday and while i wasnt conciously paying alot of attention to screen quality because i was too excited, it did look super sexy when i opened up the browser

i dont know about trolling, but when i went to the store i put my sg3 next to the one. Both at full brightness. Went to androind central forums and compared. omg. I was fully expecting to go there and like the screen but not be blown away. NO lie, my sg3 (on full brightness) looked like it would be maybe 30-40% brightness on the ONE. It was such a massive difference that i really thought something was wrong with my phone, so i went to the settings to see if anything was weird. Nope.

Another thing that no one talks about is the responsive ness of the touch input. Theres an ever so slight delay on when you touch the screen and when theres a reaction. I came from an iphone 5 ( which i was bored to death with) and noticed something was off but didnt know what. THen i put them next to eachother and touched the screen and see how long it too for it to register input. Now, im talking about fractions of a second here, but its notisible. The one has the same responsiness as the iphone and a bit more zippy as well.

sam ledger

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
The htc one must of been on power save the htc one has a very bright screen and the s3 is very dim the reason I'm getting the one well all ready had the one but had to send it back was going to get the s4 but went and had a look at the s3 and the screen is very dim not good at all the htc one has the best screen I've ever seen on a phone so don't what was up with the one you was looking at

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, the screen is epic, loving the lcd3. The viewing angles are amazing, it's good I'm sunlight, very sharp and no lag or delay

sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
To be honest guys, I have come to the one from an s3 and like the op i dont see a huge difference! Sure, the screen is impressive and sharp but i personally really liked the screen on my s3, Granted i no longer have the s3 to do a side by side by comparison but i certainly didnt turn on the htc one and be like "wow omg this puts my s3 to shame" So imo while i love the screen on the one and think its beautifully crisp and clear , i just dont think its anything amazing when i think back of my s3 and i would agree that theyre isnt much difference between 720p and 1080p .... on a tv maybe but not on a mobile screen

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This is all you need to see.

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-vs-iPhone-5-vs-HTC-One-vs-Galaxy-S3-Screen-Comparison-575x287.jpg

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The One's camera looks like it did really well here, but that isn't exactly a real world test. How often are you taking a picture of your computer display?

This isn't anything to do with the camera, it's a close up on each of the screens that are labeled. Not with any specific camera but just to see how good the screen looks up close

Sent on my dying Evo 3D

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how the screen compares to the N4's screen? It's obviously better because the N4 is 768p but the N4's IPS is miles ahead of the GS3.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There are so many factors that are important to display quality that if you're just going to talk about 1080p vs 720p like everyone in this thread (and everywhere else for that matter when it comes to display discussions) has so far, I feel bad for what you must have hanging on your wall as your TV purchase right now because you didn't know what you were doing when you bought it either.

Color processing, contrast, brightness, the display technology used, color accuracy, are just a few to start. And those blown up images shown above? Useless. It's not what you're actually looking at when you look down at your phone. I might as well take a 1080p image on my TV and blow it up to the size of the side of a barn to make the same point. Salespeople in Bestbuy must LOVE people like you folks :-$

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Your crazy. Gs3 has probably the graniest crap screen ever. Are you blind?!
This post made me shot water out of my nose from laughter.

I loved the screen on the S3, and yes I compared it to all the other phones of that generation (Nexus 4, One X, etc.) not the best but way better than you're saying it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on that, here's my evaluation:

Sharpness: One > GS4 > Xperia Z > Lumia 920 > GS3 > iP5
Color: One > Xperia Z > iP5 > Lumia 920 > GS4 > GS3.

AMOLED is terrible.
No, no it isn't. From what I've seen the One and S4 are about tied. Everything else is below of course.