Looks like the AT&T One bootloader has been unlocked

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember anyone saying the device couldn't be unlock thru htcdev.com

just because it isn't listed there doesn't mean it can't be unlock.. regardless the guys at XDA was going to find a way to unlock with or without this

Noob question: What does bootloading even do?
Sorry, Idk anything bout this...

The bootloader is like the security guard to your phone.. with it standing in the way you can't flash roms, kernels, no root access period..

you need to unlock it so you can bypass all the security checks

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember anyone saying the device couldn't be unlock thru htcdev.com

just because it isn't listed there doesn't mean it can't be unlock.. regardless the guys at XDA was going to find a way to unlock with or without this

No one said that it couldn't but there was people that was worried that it would not be able to be done for a while. So just letting them know they can, now. Is anything wrong with spreading the info? Jesus.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
No one said that it couldn't but there was people that was worried that it would not be able to be done for a while. So just letting them know they can, now. Is anything wrong with spreading the info? Jesus.

No i wasn't directing my post towards you.. but towards anyone who just put the ATT version on the blacklist

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You void your warranty with doing that. I assume though that people who buy unlocked version will have an automatic warranty with HTC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No i wasn't directing my post towards you.. but towards anyone who just put the ATT version on the blacklist

Yeah I don't think anyone "it on the blacklist". You know how people are on this forum that worry about stuff and bring up things that seem like it should be common knowledge. Doesn't mean anyone made a definitive statement. Just putting the info out there so those that don't know a lot about these things have their questions answered.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
wont be unlocked for long

HTC One for AT&T currently has an unlockable bootloader, but that'll soon change

If you're currently in the smallest (and most fortunate) of minorities to have an HTC One for AT&T in your hands, then you might want to go about unlocking its bootloader while the getting is good. As it just so happens, a few lucky individuals have already done just that, and to prove it's momentarily possible, they've shared their success within the forums of xda-developers. And if there was ever any doubt, we've confirmed this with our own review unit. Before you get too excited, though, HTC's affirmed to us that AT&T's One will not be supported by the HTCdev unlock service, which will effectively render its bootloader untouchable. As for the current discrepancy, one might speculate that the phone's identifier hasn't yet been blocked on the HTCdev site -- something that'd likely be resolved before the phone becomes officially available through retail channels this Friday. Naturally, if you're hoping to get in on the gravy train, it seems that your best bet will be to work your magic on an AT&T sales rep and then hope the unlocking service is still functional. Absent that, the HTC One Developer Edition seems just as tempting as ever.

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So does this mean I have to unlock on day 1 before an ota comes out or risk loosing root forever? I was going to wait a while to root.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Bias reduX

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Considering that they already have sold the HTC One to select people, I would say its safe to assume that the first batch of phones will have an unlocked bootloader. It would seem many of them are already packaged and ready to go.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Considering that they already have sold the HTC One to select people, I would say its safe to assume that the first batch of phones will have an unlocked bootloader. It would seem many of them are already packaged and ready to go.
Nope. The only reason their unlockable via the HTC method is that the phones' unique identifiers haven't been added to the blacklist yet. The day before the official launch date they will be added and when people get them in their hands they will not be able to unlock via this method.

Bias reduX

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope. The only reason their unlockable via the HTC method is that the phones' unique identifiers haven't been added to the blacklist yet. The day before the official launch date they will be added and when people get them in their hands they will not be able to unlock via this method.

Interesting, wasn't exactly sure how the unlocked bootloader system worked in the first place. Just kind of assumed that it was something that had to be done on the software ends of things. Not something as simple as blacklisting the phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae