Bought the HTC One from my local ATT store yesterday, 4/13/13

Savvyray

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes its true, I walked out with one. It was kind of crazy. I know a guy who works there and 3 weeks ago when I asked him about the phone he had no idea. I went in to the store to help my mom with her phone and he asks me if I want to see his managers. Of course I said yes. Then he tells me that they have two and he would sell me one.

So here is the very brief review in bullet point style

The One sceen held next to my One X screen makes the One X screen look like other phones screens did when I held them up to my One X.
Blinkfeed is only fun for like half a day. Once they open it up it may be more useful to me.
You only have 5 screens now and with BF taking up one of them I wish I had 7 again.
Sense 5 works great with JellyBean.
You can no longer customize "scenes" which I liked but you can customize how your text messages look.
The phone is almost heavy
The TV remote thing is pretty cool. I used it on my DTV. It really only takes 5 minutes per room.
The speakers are very loud and clear. You actually have to turn down the ringtone volume
The earbuds are the best I have ever used, although I have never owned an iphone
The device set up is pretty sweet now. They give you 4 different options to transfer info from your old phone. The one I chose moved all pics, texts, music and settings.
I havent messed with the Camera or Zoe much yet though. I will post what I find. In the mean time here are a few pics if I can post them that is

Shared

or this maybe https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/Shared

Savvyray

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
alright so someone tell me what is the easiest way to host pictures so that I can embedd them into a reply in this thread. Thank You!

eddieruiz01

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes its true, I walked out with one. It was kind of crazy. I know a guy who works there and 3 weeks ago when I asked him about the phone he had no idea. I went in to the store to help my mom with her phone and he asks me if I want to see his managers. Of course I said yes. Then he tells me that they have two and he would sell me one.

The One sceen held next to my One X screen makes the One X screen look like other phones screens did when I held them up to my One X.
Blinkfeed is only fun for like half a day. Once they open it up it may be more useful to me.
You only have 5 screens now and with BF taking up one of them I wish I had 7 again.
You can no longer customize "scenes" which I liked but you can customize how your text messages look.
The TV remote thing is pretty cool. I used it on my DTV. It really only takes 5 minutes per room.
The speakers are very loud and clear. You actually have to turn down the ringtone volume
The earbuds are the best I have ever used, although I have never owned an iphone
The device set up is pretty sweet now. They give you 4 different options to transfer info from your old phone. The one I chose moved all pics, texts, music and settings.
I havent messed with the Camera or Zoe much yet though. I will post what I find. In the mean time here are a few pics if I can post them that is

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/Shared

What if you have an iPhone? I heard the HTC One backup does not work on the AT&T version?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
No dice in my nearest AT&T store. Guess I'll have to wait Friday.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Michmeister

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
this phone is not heavy it is extremely light.

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/Shared

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
What if you have an iPhone? I heard the HTC One backup does not work on the AT&T version?
I used HTC's transfer process from the iphone backup on my computer. Worked perfect. Super easy and quick.

and about the earbuds, they're actually pretty comparable to the iphone earbuds.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I used HTC's transfer process from the iphone backup on my computer. Worked perfect. Super easy and quick.

and about the earbuds, they're actually pretty comparable to the iphone earbuds.
Is the software for Win and OS X? I assume this will come with the DE as well.

Savvyray

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
A few more items noted.

As most people now know you can still add the iconic widget weather clock, but it no longer will do the animations across the screen. At least that option is gone as far as I can tell. That is one thing that I loved about HTC even though most people probably wont care.

Screen shots are saved in a different area in your gallery so you can see them easily.
When you do a highlight video or Zoe it shows movement like a gif file when previewing all of your pictures in your gallery.
The wake button and volume rocker are flush with the phone which is sweet, but its kind of hard to find them by feel to push them without looking. Maybe a case would help because of the cut outs for those areas.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Is the software for Win and OS X? I assume this will come with the DE as well.

How do you do the HTC transfer for the iphone?

Yeah it worked on my mac, just download the htc sync manager from their website, make a backup of your iphone using itunes, then open the sync manager. It has all the steps laid out in there. Automatically finds your last backup from the iphone and then asks what you want transferred over. Surprisingly simple.

Also I have all my music files on an external hard drive, when I plugged that in it automatically imported those files to the sync manager.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it worked on my mac, just download the htc sync manager from their website, make a backup of your iphone using itunes, then open the sync manager. It has all the steps laid out in there. Automatically finds your last backup from the iphone and then asks what you want transferred over. Surprisingly simple.
rawk. I already downloaded and installed the sync manager. I don't keep my iTunes files in the default location so I may have to fiddle with it to get it working.

So what info is synced over and what control do you have about what data is synced and what isn't? Thanks for the info.

stevedebi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
A few more items noted.

As most people now know you can still add the iconic widget weather clock, but it no longer will do the animations across the screen. At least that option is gone as far as I can tell. That is one thing that I loved about HTC even though most people probably wont care.

Screen shots are saved in a different area in your gallery so you can see them easily.
When you do a highlight video or Zoe it shows movement like a gif file when previewing all of your pictures in your gallery.
The wake button and volume rocker are flush with the phone which is sweet, but its kind of hard to find them by feel to push them without looking. Maybe a case would help because of the cut outs for those areas.

I wonder if they provide more weather locations. I stopped using Sense weather because I'm here in the San Fernando Valley, just north of Los Angeles, and it doesn't really follow my location - no matter where I go, the weather is always for Los Angeles - and the weather is very different over the hill than here. I've been using Go Weather EX, which picks up my exact location. I'm on Sense 3.6 (HTC Amaze), but it has been that way for every HTC phone I've owned.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
rawk. I already downloaded and installed the sync manager. I don't keep my iTunes files in the default location so I may have to fiddle with it to get it working.

So what info is synced over and what control do you have about what data is synced and what isn't? Thanks for the info.

No problem, happy to help.
I'm pretty sure you get to choose what synced. They had a few options if I recall correctly. I transferred my contacts, old text messages, and some of my music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae