Does the One still have the auto task kill the One X did?

Drhux

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Last year I exchanged my Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE because it had so-so battery life but most importantly it had the incredibly annoying auto task killing/new multitasking since HTC refused to put in more ram. I've been rocking with the GS3 and Nexus 4 but may be swayed to go back to HTC if they have real multitasking on this phone.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
They refused to? I'm pretty sure that last year was the first time we saw 2GB or RAM in these devices and only a few devices had it then anyway. This year I imagine all of the flagship devices will have it. If next year they only ship new phones with 1GB of RAM I would see your point, then. But releasing a high-end device in 2012 with 1GB of RAM was the norm, the 2GB phones were the exception, albeit a good exception. And from everything I have read in these forums and all of these reviews coming out it seems that multitasking is no issue whatsoever.

Drhux

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Lol very true I guess seeing the GS3's 2Gb of ram made me expect more. But phones before then had no issue multi-tasking so this was a large problem for me. And I've checked many reviews and there hasn't been any mention of problematic mutli-tasking but if I remember correctly many reviews didn't mention the mutli-tasking on the One X either.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You are right about last year though. I love my EVO but the multitasking was killing it. Software updates have finally corrected it substantially, but it would have been a non-issue with 2GB of memory. I don't think it really hit people last year that the multitasking was an issue during the review process. I read about it here on AC first, actually (another great Jerry article). Now that folks have some experience with it, and I believe it was more of an HTC issue than any other OEM, it's been specifically pointed out in some reviews of the One that it doesn't have any of the multitasking issues plaguing last year's phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm