$100 Phone Trade-In

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for HTC's $100 trade-in offer that was part of their initial marketing for the HTC One. Now I can't find instructions on where to send the old phone etc. Do any of you know?

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The question I have is if this applies to the unlocked versions of the One. I plan on getting the developer edition, but in every link the program takes you to the store only lists the Sprint and T-Mobile versions. Will the trade-in still apply for those?

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The question I have is if this applies to the unlocked versions of the One. I plan on getting the developer edition, but in every link the program takes you to the store only lists the Sprint and T-Mobile versions. Will the trade-in still apply for those?

I know when the program was first announced someone on here contacted HTC and was told that the developer edition WAS included. Maybe search the original thread on this topic for "developer" or something like that. I don't see why it wouldn't be included.

illmatic41

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I don't even see how that answers the OP's question. He wants to know where to send the phone to and it's not in the FAQ.

To the OP, I assume when the phone is available on the 19th, HTC/Clover Wireless/TWS will have an updated link or form to input your HTC One purchased data on the trade-in page. They'll probably also have an address for everyone to ship their trade-in's to. Right now, all you can do is "Save For Later." Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't even see how that answers the OP's question. He wants to know where to send the phone to and it's not in the FAQ.

To the OP, I assume when the phone is available on the 19th, HTC/Clover Wireless/TWS will have an updated link or form to input your HTC One purchased data on the trade-in page. They'll probably also have an address for everyone to ship their trade-in's to. Right now, all you can do is "Save For Later." Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I bought the dev unit and obviously I can't finish the trade-in until I have the phone details in hand so I did save for later. I'm trading in an old POS Palm Pre, lol. Thanks, HTC!

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So I've tried this before and it asks you for some code. Where is this supposed to come from? I pre-ordered the 64gb DE and never received any email with a code.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I've tried this before and it asks you for some code. Where is this supposed to come from? I pre-ordered the 64gb DE and never received any email with a code.

Look for an email with this title "Thanks for registering for the new HTC One?"

It had my code inside. You might need to check your spam folder.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think I had an email with the code either, I eventually found it in a spam folder where it had not been forwarded to my Mac email box. I only stumbled upon it when I searched for "htc" to find some other mail they sent.

neilnat

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I missed it then because I didn't register. Thanks for all the info.

Ah, that blows. Yea, I registered for it back in March when I was thinking about buying it. I figured it couldn't hurt to just register and not use the code, but of course I bought the dev edition anyway.

Hydraulic Jack

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Call HTC and tell them that you used firefox as your brouser to do the signup and you never got your confirmation email...They will send it to the escalation dept and you may get the $100....HJ

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Was it your current phone? The fine print states it has to be the phone you most recently had active on the account. I don't know if they have any way of actually checking that, but I recall reading that in the terms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781