APN settings for AT&T on Dev Edition?

poncewattle

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
iPhone user since 2007 here, excited (and a bit nervous) about the new Dev Edition I'm waiting to be delivered. (I ordered it mainly because I wanted it unlocked for use while traveling).

What am I going to have to do to get this working on AT&T? I've read conflicting reports on APN settings. Like setting it to wap.cingular, phone, or pta

Visual voice mail support?

I see HTC has a nice import feature for loading the phone with data from an iPhone backup. That's nice.

Anything else I should be aware of so I can get this puppy going soon after I get it?

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to pop your "LTE able" AT&T SIM card in, let AT&T know the IMEI and SIM card numbers and it should be configured by the network. The old days of setting up Cingular.net, etc APN settings should be gone soon.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
APN Settings:

Name: AT&T LTE
APN: pta
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80 (NOTE: IF MMS ISN'T WORKING, CHANGE THIS TO "8080")
MCC: 310
MNC 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Bearer: Unspecified

My only question is if they need an IMEI of a phone that has 4GLTE. I remember having to use my old One X's IMEI on an international unlocked phone before, just because the needed "an actual LTE device IMEI."

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to pop your "LTE able" AT&T SIM card in, let AT&T know the IMEI and SIM card numbers and it should be configured by the network. The old days of setting up Cingular.net, etc APN settings should be gone soon.

I thought this was true too until I checked the default APN setting and saw that it was set to phone, not pta.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I also came from an iPhone. What I did was go to the ATT store and ask for a new sim. They then updated my account with the SIM number and IMEI of the phone. All the settings were automatically provisioned on my One. As for Visual Voicemail, I just downloaded the ATT app and off I went.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
APN Settings:

Name: AT&T LTE
APN: pta
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80 (NOTE: IF MMS ISN'T WORKING, CHANGE THIS TO "8080")
MCC: 310
MNC 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Bearer: Unspecified

My only question is if they need an IMEI of a phone that has 4GLTE. I remember having to use my old One X's IMEI on an international unlocked phone before, just because the needed "an actual LTE device IMEI."

How do I edit this APN info? It's all grayed out for me, and MMS is not working :/