HTC One Camera Pictures: Show us what you got :D

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One Camera Pictures : Show us what you got :D

Question. Why sharpness set at -1?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Several of the reviews I have read mention that the HTC One's image processing sharpens images (to make up for its lower pixel count), and that this can lead to overly artificial looking edges on objects in pictures. Turing sharpness to -1 would compensate for that to give you a more natural look.

thevacantsoul

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Thanks everyone! Great pics! I wanna ditch Verizon for T-Mobile but my contact isn't up until August though. I almost wanna pay the ETF and be done with it but I'm also a bit concerned about tmo coverage. Anyways, these pics look fantastic, keep them coming.

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

Love your dog! :) I have a purebred wire hair Jack Russell Terrier, shes the light of my life :)

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

These are so much better than my galaxy nexus, I really hope this phone comes to Verizon. The s4 looks like it's not gonna live up to expectations on the camera front

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Off topic, but uh, where did that conclusion come from?

Scottyl41

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

This pictures are nice..very nice...but I can still tell in a few of them that the camera needs 8mp to 13mp. But still best Ive seen from a phone.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Off topic, but uh, where did that conclusion come from?

I've seen where some sites have the S4 already and have done camera tests. The shots look Alot like the Sony Xperia Z to me. Also if you YouTube search videos taken with the S4 you'll see the difference. The S4s OIS is horrible BTW

Edit: Now when I actually have the phone in my hands, I will make a final conclusion on the camera bit from what I've seen so far, Samsung hasn't really done anything spectacular.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Outside my house

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366578929847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366578929847.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 167

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I've seen where some sites have the S4 already and have done camera tests. The shots look Alot like the Sony Xperia Z to me. Also if you YouTube search videos taken with the S4 you'll see the difference. The S4s OIS is horrible BTW

Edit: Now when I actually have the phone in my hands, I will make a final conclusion on the camera bit from what I've seen so far, Samsung hasn't really done anything spectacular.

It's not my style to preach but we have nice thread going here and I'd hate it turn into a camera comparison thread.... That's not what it it's here for.

Anyway, I have cats and this is how we roll in a Sunday afternoon.
uploadfromtaptalk1366581352974.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1366581384950.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

pppilot

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

Am very impressed by the camera. Happy to see we have so many dog lovers on this site, not to mention great photographers!

pppilot

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

Impressive night shot. I wasn't looking for a new phone but I might have to reconsider.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

here are some photos i took today:

HTC One - Imgur

all of them were with sharpness at -1 with no other adjustments. the last few were in low light conditions.

I love the macro shots! I tried to do the same thing with a rose outdoors, but the macro shot wouldn't let me see the detail inside the rose. It was much better in normal mode. I also did the sharpness at -1. What did I do wrong? The macro seemed darker.

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Attached are the photos I took yesterday in Prospect Park, Park Slope (Brooklyn), New York

Attachments

• IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    842.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 110

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

It's not my style to preach but we have nice thread going here and I'd hate it turn into a camera comparison thread.... That's not what it it's here for.

Anyway, I have cats and this is how we roll in a Sunday afternoon.
View attachment 65742
View attachment 65743

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

No no that's not what I was trying to do at all, I was just answering his post. I agree the thread you guys have going is great and can wait to contribute if and when Verizon gets the ONE

chronism

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

Straight from phone no editing or filters.
imag0525q.jpg